General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dogs - Really silly question guys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 29 Oct 2004 22:11

Hi guys, this may sound ridiculous but my 15 (nearly 16) year old Jack Russell had laryngitis about 2 months ago. As she was fighting for her breath a lot and on medication Im afraid I got into the habit of letting her come to bed with me every night. Shes fine now BUT I have been ill for a nearly a month with laryngitis. Now, my head tells me it wouldnt be possible to catch something like that from your dog but ........................?

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Oct 2004 22:26

Well dogs can catch certain things from us, So I would think it's a possibility that you may have....not that I'm a vet, and I may be wrong lol (oo er) Sorry I can't be more helpful, try doing a search on your I.E that should help. Regards Lisa

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 29 Oct 2004 22:30

Heather, there are certain ailments and diseases that can cross species but my doggy book doesn't specifically mention laryngitis!

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 31 Oct 2004 00:07

Laryngitis means only inflammation of the larynx, the air passage to the lungs. It may be caused by bacteria, a virus or stress (eg too much yelling at a football match or a surfeit of Carol singing at Christmas). If a bacteria or virus, these very often cross species - as with the flu virus (birds) and it is thought that aids originated in chimps . Humans often pick up respiritary infections from birds - and cats and dogs are a hazard for children. Len