General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who forgot to turn their clocks back ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 31 Oct 2004 10:34

Am i the only one who forgot to turn the clocks back.I got up, done the house work.Walked down the shop,was then told it was 9.00am and shop didnt open till 10.00.Felt like a right wally.So i was up at 6.00,so were the kids. sharon

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 31 Oct 2004 10:37

You'll sleep well tonight then! lol I didn't forget but I can't work out how to change the time on the central heating Jeanette x

Sharon

Sharon Report 31 Oct 2004 10:46

hi jeanette its worse for hubby,he was supposed to start work at 5.00am ,but got in at 4.00,but hopefully he will finish early. Thanks for mentioning the central heating i hadnt even thought of that.i seem to be in a right pickle at the momment. If you have a digital timer,go to select,until time flashes,then you should be able to reset it. sharon

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 31 Oct 2004 10:50

Thanks for the tip Sharon. I'll go and try it Jeanette x

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 31 Oct 2004 10:56

When you buy any clocks look at getting radio controlled ones. They reset themselves. They are quite cheap now ( £8 for a basic wall clock in argos), some videos will also do it. I hate this time change thing. Bob

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 31 Oct 2004 11:22

Hi Robert My kitchen clock is a radio contolled one. very handy! Jeanette x

Dave

Dave Report 31 Oct 2004 11:56

1st time I've ever been an hour early for work! Dave

Jean

Jean Report 31 Oct 2004 12:29

did'nt forget to change the clocks....but did'ntalter the one in the living room because i can't reach...trouble is i forgot i had'nt altered that clock so i sat down to sunday lunch at 11.15 instead or 12.15 no wonder i was'nt hungry

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 31 Oct 2004 12:45

I forgot. Not that it affected any of us........my baby boy ( 8) decided he was going to be sick , so was up anyway EARLY!!! LOL Much happiness debi

Sprack

Sprack Report 31 Oct 2004 13:03

when I got married 29 years ago we forgot to put the clocks back and wondered why we couldn't get in the pub when we went out for the morning lol. jenny x

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Oct 2004 13:21

We did it this spring - forgot to go forwards and turned up an hour late for rugby! My husband goes round last thing and alters all the clocks except the oven - he has no idea how that works!!! nell

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 31 Oct 2004 13:37

I confused everyone in our house! We have a spare alarm clock in the bathroom (no we're not posh, nobody will use it because it ticks!) and I put it an hour forward by mistake. It was a mistake, honest!? Maggy

Sharon

Sharon Report 1 Nov 2004 13:55

nice one maggie sharon

Craig

Craig Report 1 Nov 2004 14:08

I'm always up by about 6am anyway but, woke up and looked at clockwhich read 6.15. Came downstairs and turned on t.v. to see that it was only 5.15. I'd have tried to stay another hour in bed otherwise.