General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JIM SCOTT'S REPLY FROM STEVE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jim

Jim Report 1 Nov 2004 11:01

Hi every body, its me again. This time I have good news regarding my other posting entitled A Letter to Steve on this board. This is Steve's reply recieved today.................................. Jim I've only just seen your posting on the boards. Sorry that you feel so aggrieved but I will look into your comments. As you may or may not know, I no longer have involvement in the day to day running of the site so I can't immediately comment on some of the issues. But I will certainly try and find out about some of them. This may take me a couple of days as I've got the children today and need some quiet time to concentrate!!! Regards Steve ........... and this is my reply to him................................................................................ Good Morning STEVE. Many thanks for your prompt reply in which I note you are no longer in a 'hands on' position. I take it though that you are still able to make serious investigations into this and the other very pertinent problems we are now experiencing. Please be assured, that I am not out to start a mass revolt against GR, my sole intention is to get such important matters I have outlined into the hands of people who can make the changes that are clearly required........................................ I am willing to work with you in achieving those aims, should you decide to contact me in this respect I am willing to discuss this over the phone and would give you my phone number to facilitate that.................................................... Now, I will take the liberty of posting your reply and this message on the board in order that others may see that action IS being taken. Yours sincerely, Jim Scott ............................................... Well friends, it seems we may 'take heart' in the knowledge that this problem is being looked at. You can rest assured that I will follow it through to the end. Should you have any other important points I have not included in my original posting, please let me have brief details and I will ensure they get added to the list.................................................... Thanks to those who have shown their positive support.............................. Sincerely. Jim Scott

Jim

Jim Report 1 Nov 2004 11:15

NUDGE

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 11:44

Jim, It would be interesting to see how far they have got with their stated intention to provide us with a Soundex type search facility. All the best, Jim

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 11:57

Jim, Well I am pleased you got a reply so quick. Well that in itself is a step in the right direction. Just a comment on the new way these boards are laid out that Success board really is annoying its the first board people see and you get so many people posting for lookups & trying to find etc., Genes must realise themselves it isn't working. I totally agree with your comments about non members Marion, that needles me. Pat x

Lucky

Lucky Report 1 Nov 2004 12:02

I'd also like to know what he means by not being "hands on". Who is hands on. Why don't e mails get answered. Can't we have a separate board for queries etc., that get answered asap. Surely there should be some sort of moderation on the boards to make sure posts are on the right board. Diane

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 12:31

Diane, That is a very good idea a separate board for queries. Seems as well the moderating is lacking all the other boards say any trying to find posts will be removed why are they not on the success board? strange. Pat x

N

N Report 1 Nov 2004 12:39

read your 1st letter and do agree, but also i have noticed since more newbies have come, i seem to get very rude emails, which to me is abuse, one person offened me and for once i plucked up the courage to report them, still to this day i dont know if it was handled. BUT, G/R having been helping me with my computer problems etc, they reply straight away, trying to solve my many problems, which im very grateful for there help and quickness. So i do think your 1st letter has helped the site, as i have noticed many improvements. so thank you for expressing yourself and bringing it to attention. good luck in your searches :-)

Jim

Jim Report 2 Nov 2004 08:43

NUDGE.

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 2 Nov 2004 10:56

Jim - Glad you had a reply, but surely if Steve is not "hands on" anymore then surely someone else is and they should have replied, not leave it until Steve gets the time. Hopefully the reply will be soon, take care Sue