General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Plummer Family Derbyshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 1 Nov 2004 14:09

Does anyone know of the Plummers from Derbyshire? I believe that Harry the eldest of three sons moved to Syston in Leicestershire, he had two brothers named Albert & Cyril born early to mid 1920's, can anyone help me?

Eileen

Eileen Report 4 Jan 2005 14:15

Re the Plummer family. I remember an Albert Plummer who worked at the Garrison Bleach and Dye Works at Thornsett near New Mills Derbyshire in the 1950s. I was about 15 at the time but I would imagine he would have been about 40-50.He lived in the New Mills area. There were several Plummer families in the Thornsett area but I can't remember their names. Hope this helps Eileen

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 14:32

I suggest if you want to contact living relatives you post on the Trying to Find board. If you want to trace your family tree, go to the homepage and scroll down to the "Getting Started" section. nell