General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Broadband recommendations please...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosie

Rosie Report 1 Nov 2004 15:37

Trying to decide on which Broadband supplier to use, any recommendations ?, best price etc required. Any opinions welcomed. Also my message will come up with my user name, can I create an alternative to show on my messages ? Something interesting like Rosie from Peterborough ! Thanks Rosie from Peterborough !!

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 15:41

I've been using a company called freedom2surf for the past 15 or 16 months, and have had no problems whatsoever (2 hours noticeable downtime in all that time). Might consider a change soon though as prices have dropped since and I'm still paying 2003 prices...

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 16:59

Hi Rosemary, I'm on BT Broadband and am very happy with the service - I have unlimited broadband 24 hours a day. However, like Paul, we're about to make some enquiries as we're still on a previous price band. To change your name - go to 'account details' on the left hand side of the screen and log in with your password. You can then change your name to anything you like, but it will only show up one name in the 'first name' box. So you would have to put the 'from' in the surname box ... hope that makes sense! Mandy :)

Craig

Craig Report 1 Nov 2004 17:04

Hi, I've only just started using wanadoo but they seem pretty good. Twice the features and content as BT, but the same price.

Lucky

Lucky Report 1 Nov 2004 17:04

I'm on AOL silver broadband, been really happy with it no problems, up to 7 e mail addresses included. Also just gone down in price to £17.99 a month. Also get free McAfee firewall with it. I've also just recently downloaded a free trial with McAfee virus control. Which if I continue will be just £2.49 a month. Diane

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 1 Nov 2004 17:36

I'm with AOL like Diane No problems at all,just £17-99 a month and no limit on Downloads like some other ISP'S Sue

Daniel

Daniel Report 1 Nov 2004 17:37

NOT NTL! Problems problems problems

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 18:25

I am on NTL Broadband and it is usually OK.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 1 Nov 2004 18:28

im on ntl i cant fault it. susie

joysie4

joysie4 Report 1 Nov 2004 18:35

Hi I am also thinking of going over to bt broadband which is 17.99 but it states only 2 hours online a day my son has tescos at 13.99 as im paying 15.99 from bt for anytime which is slow the letters about broadband doesnt sound to good any ideas please

Ann

Ann Report 1 Nov 2004 19:53

Pipex. I think they have just dropped their prices to less than my hubby pays which is 19.99 a month. The only time we lose service is when BT are doing maintenance on the phone lines in the middle of the night and then Pipex email you to warn you about it. Not happened for a long time and when it does it is the fault of BT not Pipex.

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 1 Nov 2004 21:04

I'm on NTL Broadband £17.99 a month, unlimited, loads of emails addresses and free webspace and I have had no probs at all... been with them over a year now! Shaz x

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Nov 2004 21:10

Would reccomend N.T.L. not one problem in over a year and very good technical help.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Nov 2004 21:13

Am on NTL broadband, £24.99, ok so far!..

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2004 21:22

Im on Wanadoo, total freedom and the maximum amount of downloads (son does on line gaming) at 1 Mbp speed for £27.99. If it werent for son I could get same deal for £17.99 with them. BT may offer same prices but are half the speed.

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Nov 2004 13:42

I recommend B.T also, prices are very reasonable, and i have no complaints. To change your name go to ACCOUNT DETAILS, and simply change your surname. Sorry if someone has mentioned that already. Regards, Lisa