General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you ever followed a hunch/your instincts??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Nov 2004 19:27

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Nov 2004 19:27

Having had their first taste of the great outdoors on Saturday, I went to work today trusting my two kittens to settle down and sleep all day like normal - I reset the magnet controlled cat flap to 'two way' so that the older cats could come and go. At 11.55am I suddenly decided I would nip home during lunch - needless to say I opened the door to find only 3 cats home!! :O Frantic I rushed out the front and called little Louie - and by following his tiny meows, found him covered in cobwebs and leaves peering out from under a bush in the corner.......... Poor little lamb would have been there frightened and cold until 5pm if I had followed that instinct.....

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Nov 2004 19:40

Pauline - mine are 18 and 15 weeks old. Rule of thumb is that once they are fully vaccinated they are safe to start venturing out. But I have never let any of mine go unsupervised for the first week or so......... Trouble is with these two they are getting more and more energy and my house is only small - and of course they sit and watch the older two come and go - but at the moment they can get out but not back in, as they need collars with a magnet to operate the cat flap.............. Have tried unsuccessfully at the weekend to introduce them to collars - I have the scars to prove it LOL............... If you are home with her, I would let her go out and watch her for a while - keep calling to her so she knows you are there - then just pop in for a while and leave the door ajar. Just repeat this process until you are both more confident. I found with Louie and Jazz they soon came looking for me when I stood silently out of sight by the front door..........

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Nov 2004 19:50

Aaww bless her Pauline - you must have a very special bond :))