General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You know christmas is upon us when........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Nov 2004 19:46

Every other advert is for the latest 'Greatest Hits' CD of someone or other ;P I sat here last night and 4 consecutive ads for them LOL

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 19:48

You know Christmas is upon us when the Stores come to the end of their Autumn Sale. Somewhen around September.

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 2 Nov 2004 02:22

You know Christmas is upon us when................Woolworths is selling Easter Eggs!!!!!!!!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Nov 2004 06:46

Yes Anne, heard Slade, on Saturday in a shop.."are you hanging up your stocking on the wall!.. :-)

Esta

Esta Report 2 Nov 2004 08:45

When you see your first advert on TV for next years Summer Holiday !!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 2 Nov 2004 09:24

when people want to order a turkey and its only august!

Andy

Andy Report 2 Nov 2004 10:58

....the sounds of John & Yoko, Slade, Elton John, Roy Wood & Wizzard can be heard in shopping malls up and down the country....and it's only September!

Sprack

Sprack Report 2 Nov 2004 12:08

when elaine farrance asks you in october if you have your decorations up yet lol. jenny xxx :-)))))))))))))))))))))

Kate

Kate Report 2 Nov 2004 12:19

daylight saving starts and the temperature starts to rise,,,,,oooops sorry,,,,

Hilary

Hilary Report 4 Nov 2004 18:55

the street lights get turned on. and then the shops.cant wait for late night shopping.

Craig

Craig Report 4 Nov 2004 19:17

When..... all you seem to say is "WE'LL SEE" to every advert the kids see and, when you've actually got something to bribe them into good behaviour! (lol)

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 4 Nov 2004 20:34

When it's bonfire time and Father Christmas complete with reindeer arrives at the shopping mall in the centre of town Bren

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 5 Nov 2004 08:07

You turn the calender over to the August page........

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 5 Nov 2004 17:45

Mum says "you better start thinking about what you want for christmas" and I get out a piece of A4 paper knowing full well I'll get the first thing I put on my list lol............ When your October payslip has a message at the bottom saying 'remember December payday will be one week earlier" and I feel sick at the thought of only one more payday from which to get all the presents :(( and having to go 6 weeks Dec-Jan before getting paid again :O

Craig

Craig Report 5 Nov 2004 17:53

When someone who's depressed about it puts up a thread saying "YOU KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS WHEN"..... ;-)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Nov 2004 17:03

LOL Craig - who said I was depressed about ?? A little cynical maybe, but I love christmas, just dont get organised in good time and all the hype starts I begin to panic.......... So - depressed?? Never!! Biggest kid going Me, when christmas is upon us :)) :P

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2004 15:01

..........we have to suffer Santa's Cleaning Lady.........Pudsey Bear...........false Bon Homme