General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I will be glad when this year is thro'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

T J

T J Report 1 Nov 2004 20:05

I will be so glad when this year is thro' - why? In january my nanna died and I am still grieving (I miss her tremendously) - In March I failed an exam - In May I bought a new puppy and ended up rehoming him - and to top it all off my friend died on 18th October from a brain tumour ( the third lot of cancer in 20 years) Anyone else had such rotten luck?

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 20:14

here here roll on 2005, it's been a pretty grim year (or 2) for me too

T J

T J Report 1 Nov 2004 21:04

Time they say is a great healer Pauline - and it is true - we never forget but the pain gets easier. I've had a few deaths since 1987 and misfortunes but hey this is what life throws at us - none of us go to the grave without some form of pain or illness - I know it sounds hard but it is so true. Don't get me wrong Pauline I really do miss nanna but we grieve for ourselves not for our dear departed. It is us who are left to put on a brave face for the rest of the world (Len gave me these kind words - I have so much respect for Len and I know I will always have an ear if I need one with him. It was thro' my nannas' death that I joined this site as she told me there was a connection to the french name "Belk" and I will be blowed if I can find it - and she left me no clues. (Bless her she loved cryptic crosswords). I have found so many nice people on this site. It is worth the subscription just for their company Tracy

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 1 Nov 2004 21:16

tracey sorry to hear your latest news, i read LAD earlier, to catch up on anything. it goes like that with bad and sad news doesnt it, i think it makes us stronger , if we can learn to live with it, its difficult, i heard this year an old friend and neighbour , we were teenagers together, hes been diagnosed with a brain tumour, im upset by it and hope it works out ok for him . he has a young family and a lovely wife. i see him come into my work place and havent seen him for sometime, i feel like crying everytime as he looks so tired, and loosing mum to this terrible illness , i know how he and his family are feeling. i ask mum to take care of him and make him better, im hoping . you know where we are tracey if you want to chat, feel free.