General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone have?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

T J

T J Report 1 Nov 2004 21:11

I have a superstitious day and that day is approaching yet again - December 2nd. It started in 1988 - My brother - in- Law was killed in a car accident in Cambridge. In 1990 - I had a miscarriage. In 2003 - I was stopped by the police in Wilsden (near to where I work) whilst driving my car - No I wasn't breaking the Law or neither did I have defective Lights or tyres etc. The reason I was stopped was because the car I was driving had been seen driven in Queensbury (Bradford) by a guy wanted by the police - 2 days before I bought the car !!!!!!!!! Any one else?

Mo

Mo Report 1 Nov 2004 22:51

Tracey it is because u know the day is coming, so more than likely the most unusual things that happen on that day and not any other day throughout the year (and they more than likely do. its just u r waiting for it) u just focus on that because of ur sadness about your past that when something on that day happens u feel it more than other people would. I mean the thing with the police. come on any other time of the year you would have probably been saying to ur mates "JESUS GUESS WOT HAPPENDED TO ME TODAY? IT WAS LIKE AN EPISODE OUT OF THE BILL" and i was the star. think about it. dont let a couple of things that have happened on a certain date and month make u feel unsure about the following years. i mean wot if u won the lottery on that date next year? u would be giving it "THATS MUST BE ME GETTING SOME GOOD BACK BECAUSE OF THE SADNESS" yet i bet u would be thinking the night before "OH GOD WOTS GONNA HAPPEN TO ME THAT WILL BE AWFUL" Instead of giving it "WOO HOO IVE WON THE LO0TTERY" like you would be if it was the day after. think about your losses and sadness, no one can take that from you they can only help you through it but dont let that feeling of "oh its gonna happen" hinder your future, dreams or ambitions. Now come on you must agree with me on at least 95% of that. Love MO

Mo

Mo Report 1 Nov 2004 22:53

Christine see in my house around about May/June something electrical like washing machine, tumble dryer, hoover always goes. Everyone has something. Just like i have something in November especially the 12th (my birthday) oh god getting (not older) wiser by the year. lol mo

Craig

Craig Report 1 Nov 2004 22:53

December 16th. Met someone who broke my heart and someone else very close died.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 1 Nov 2004 22:57

the answer christina is dont wash blankets in may, my mum told me it washes one of the family away, this superstition is open to change tho as after i had a panic attack after washing daughters shawl when she was little , told mum and she said oh its not a blanket its a baby shawl, (of course silly me, thats ok then). mt supperstitions drive hubby up the wall and he used to try to prove them wrong.