General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a wally!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 3 Nov 2004 13:53

That Gary in "A thing called love"; last night on BBC 1. It took him the whole 5 or 6 episodes to get the message -- that the angelic Paula was nuts about him. He was so busy trying to help his womanising (and manising [it's a new word I've just invented]) mate Kelvin, that he nearly blew it; thankfully she asked him to "be mine" (how quaint and old-fashioned is that?) and they had a good old snog there and then in the cemetery. Sad ending for his brother Mike. I thought the episode when Mike lost his virginity was hilarious. Did anyone else watch it? Great TV I reckon... Brian;-))

Brian

Brian Report 3 Nov 2004 14:08

nudge

Brian

Brian Report 3 Nov 2004 14:14

Lynda, Bet you watched wife-swap, like my missus did. Brian ;-))

Lynne

Lynne Report 3 Nov 2004 14:15

Hi Brian I watched the whole series apart from 1 episode I think. It was all brilliant! On at the same time as 'Who do you think you are?' so I don't think very many on here would have seen it. I too loved the episode where Mike lost his cherry! Genius. Hope its repeated cos I'm sure I missed one along the way. Lynne

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 3 Nov 2004 15:26

Gary's eulogy in the church was the best I've ever heard.

Brian

Brian Report 3 Nov 2004 15:33

Yes it was. He used a naughty word during it, but no-one turned a hair! Brian ;-)

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 3 Nov 2004 15:35

Yes Brian, watched the whole series, loved it! (Taped BBC2 at the same time though) Maggy