General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WEST SURREY FHS OPEN DAY - 6 NOVEMBER 2004

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 3 Nov 2004 19:04

Is anybody thinking of going to this event. It is being held at Woking Leisure Centre from 10.00-4.30. I went last year and was pleasantly surprised as there was free parking and free entry (which often isn't the case) but plenty to spend your money inside. Lots of family history societies had stalls there and they were very helpful, some were even handing out freebies. Might see some of you there. Carolyn

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 3 Nov 2004 19:25

I'll be there, Carolyn, pretending to work on the East Surrey stall. You're right, it's a really good event. Brenda

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 3 Nov 2004 20:39

We're planning to get there about 12.00 - hope to see you there. I'll look out for the East Surrey stall Brenda and pop by and say hello. Carolyn

Lesley M

Lesley M Report 3 Nov 2004 21:35

Am hoping to get there as well. Web address for anyone interested in more information is www(.)wsfhs(.)org/OpenDay.htm

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 5 Nov 2004 13:25

Bump up for anyone who hasn't anything better to do tomorrow. There will definitely be freebies on East Surrey's stall, hopefully more than just the pencils I'm bringing!

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 5 Nov 2004 13:52

Hi Brenda, Does East Surrey cover Leigh, Brockham, Betchworth, fellbridge areas? It's my birthday today and was wondering what to do with myself tomorrow. Now I know! Naomi x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 5 Nov 2004 14:48

Yes we do Naomi, though the information we hold always depends on the enthusiasm of members. These are the websites for East Surrey and Felbridge research (the latter is brilliant, or was last time I looked). http://www.eastsurreyfhs.org.uk http://www.jeremy-clarke(.)freeserve(.)co(.)uk/ (remove brackets) Brenda

Andrea

Andrea Report 5 Nov 2004 15:35

hope to go tomorrow.... most of my family come from the woking area, a lot still live there..... in fact emailed my aunt to see if i can meet her there !