General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A BIG Thank you.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian(i)

Brian(i) Report 4 Nov 2004 15:36

Hello everyone. I would like to thank you all for the support during the last seven days. It was most re-assuring to know that so many people were thinking of my family and I at the sudden los of my wife Rita. I give special thanks to 'Miss Pink' for stating the thread and to Elaine Farrance for the poem 'Coming Home' which I used in the 'Order of Service'. For Annie Gau, Thank you for your offer of direct support and all the e-mails that followed. The fact that it was there gave me strength not to need it, I will not forget your generosity, Thank you. I also mention by name, Elaine Horton, Lou Dakin and Gerry Hussey for personal e-mails. I have been a member for about a fortnight and I am amazed and overwhelmned by your generous response. In the 'Order of Service' the music on the entrance to the crematorium was 'Missing' by Vengelis and the departing music was 'Songbird' by Fleetwood Mac. On the last page was the poem 'Coming Home'. In all a very emotional experience. Rita's elder brother made the remark "A solemn occasion but a great success". My family and I send our love and regards to you all. Brian (with an eye)

Fee

Fee Report 4 Nov 2004 15:37

Hi Brian, I am a part-timer on here so please accept my condolences on the loss of your wife.My thoughts are with you.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 4 Nov 2004 15:39

brian im so glad the service went well and that we were all able to give you strength hugs susie

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Nov 2004 15:40

brian so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your wife rita.we are all here for comfort and support whenever you need us.love and hugsxxxx(:

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Nov 2004 15:41

No need for thanks.... I am glad the day went well and again I am sorry for your loss.... May Rita shine down on you every day sending you love from her special place in heaven.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 4 Nov 2004 15:55

Brian, i too was away most of last week,i'm sorry to hear that you lost your wife, my thoughts are with you, Karen

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 4 Nov 2004 15:57

Oh Brian Im glad the service went ok. Now its one day at a time. It will get better and easier as time passes. You know we are always here for you for a chat or dig in the ribs!! Elaine Farrance x (AKA Elaine Horton) my maiden name hehehe

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 4 Nov 2004 16:00

Dear Brian, Having recently been through a bereavement myself and had friends here send me beautiful words that were used at the sevice I can understand just how you are feeling. It is good to know people you have never met think of you and care. Look after yourself. Linda x

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 4 Nov 2004 19:28

so glad we were able to help brian still keeping u in my thoughts Lou xx