General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HAS ANYONE NOTICED ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 5 Nov 2004 01:08

when you send a message to someone, you now DON'T have to untick the box so they can't see your tree...... about time !! :o)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Nov 2004 05:21

hadn't noticed but so pleased they have changed that feature.

Judith

Judith Report 5 Nov 2004 07:39

Thank you GR for sorting that one out :-)) Judith

Jim

Jim Report 5 Nov 2004 08:10

Good Morning all....... Yes you will see some subtle changes on the boards now and this point is one that I had on my list for Steve to attend to. ...... This change signifies to me that Steve is acting on his promise to me that such matters would be sorted as soon as possible........... You may also like to know that I asked for the Success board to no longer be the default board. .......... This should be changed in order to reduce the amount of clutter and incorrect postings. ..... i hope they do change it eventualy Jim

valinkent

valinkent Report 5 Nov 2004 08:30

Thank you Steve for sorting out the unticking of the messagel board ,there must be hundreds of people who can see my tree ,but at least there will not be anymore .

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Nov 2004 09:47

Margaret When the site changed a few months ago and the new email system was introduced, one feature was that when you emailed a contact (from a search, not from clicking on their name in a message thread), there was a "tickbox" where you could choose to allow them access to your tree at the same time as sending the message. This is quite a handy feature, however the complaint is that the default setting was for it to be ticked - therefore, if you weren't aware of this button being there, you could accidentally give someone access to your tree when you mailed them. The change that was requested was to change the defualt from "yes" to "no" effectively. Paul

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Nov 2004 10:46

when was this changed? I only emailed somebody last night and had to untick the box Jeanette x

Andrea

Andrea Report 5 Nov 2004 11:53

i only noticed at 1am when i emailed someone.... but it proves the powers that be are listening !