General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anne Boleyn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Nov 2004 10:10

I have just typed the name Anne boleyn in the name search , and couldnt believe there was loads on here. I typed in Google and she was born about 1504 and most of them are 1507. Do you think people have really got back that far and are related to royalty? or are they just hoping that she is in their tree? Anyone with a Anne Boleyn?

Philip

Philip Report 5 Nov 2004 10:23

Nope, not me, Debbie. However, the important thing to remember is ......... not to lose your head over it, lol! Good hunting, Philip

Joan

Joan Report 5 Nov 2004 11:04

Anne I have a connection to Catherine Parr. (the only one to outlive the old so and so!) Joan

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Nov 2004 11:06

Wow Joan Do you really have a connection to Catherine Parr? Phillip Perhaps I could just pretend I have someone famous, no one would know if I pretended to go back a long way and make them up.

Joan

Joan Report 5 Nov 2004 11:15

Yeah Philip, I really do. Its one of things I've always known about and just take for granted. I think that more complete your family history is the less it seems to matter to you! My maternal grandfather and his ancestors are all listed in Burkes Landed gentry. SoWQhat?iask! Now it is my Dads family of which I know so very little as he is dead and my parents were divorced, I really want to find out about. Elusive and mysterious. Joan

Philip

Philip Report 5 Nov 2004 11:29

Hi Debbie, Let's pretend ...... Well, there I was, sitting up in my tree, when this young guy comes along and jumps into it too. Long black curly hair and moustaches, all ruffs and knee breeches. I asked him who he was, and he replied "Charley 2 ". Apparently he'd just arrived from Worcester after having a punch up with some guy called Ollie, and he was on his way to visit his girlfriend, Nell Satsuma Gwyn or something. Whaddya think, lol! Joan, Aha, Catherine Parr. Yep, she certainly survived the Fat Boy, didn't she! Have visited her family place, Studeley(?) Castle in Gloucestershire. Philip

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 5 Nov 2004 18:54

I live in Carshalton, Surrey, and we have a statue of Ann Boleyn in the village. She is supposed to have stayed here on her journey to wherever. Most probably fed the ducks in the park opposite! As we do now.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 5 Nov 2004 19:06

My neck is hurting. Wonder why. Will try and find details of what her connection here is and get back to you. Sorry must dash. 16,000 in my back garden almost for the fireworks tomorow. They will be climbing over the fences, burrowing under them etc. Just like being in the middle of WW2.

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Nov 2004 19:19

It's funny really, I was never really interested in Anne Boleyn. This morning I read that if you contact someone you havnt got to untick the box, so they cant see your tree. So I decided just to name search and the very first name that came into my head was Anne Boleyn. Perhaps I was her in a past life. I am off out to watch the dreaded fireworks anyminute. Enjoy your Evenings everyone. Thanks for the replies. Debbie