General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help needed please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 6 Nov 2004 12:17

I have spent my morning trying to send a message to a kind G.R. member who has sent me a tremendous amount of info about my ancestors. I get so far then the words I type come up on the screen with a delay of several seconds. The time it takes seems to increase the longer I try. It happened again a few minutes ago when I tried to add to a thread on this board. Is it this site, or is it my computer playing up? If so has anyone any advice(apart from buying a new computer!) I managed to type a text using Word with no difficulty. Rosemary(Essex)

Scott

Scott Report 6 Nov 2004 12:45

does it only happen on this website? what spec computer have you got? have you tried typing in microsoft word or other word processor and then copy and paste into the message?

Bob

Bob Report 6 Nov 2004 12:50

Are you keeping your machine properly maintained as per "Judy's" tips. If not then it most likely needs a clear out. The site seems to be working OK at the mo. Bob

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 6 Nov 2004 23:13

Thank you both for your replies. It seems to be happening only on this site. Sorry but can't cope with overhauling my own computer. If it continues then I'll have to contact "my expert". It seems to be spasmodic. Thought it might just be something simple. Rosemary(Essex)