General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry. com. - Is it worth the money?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 6 Nov 2004 20:10

Before I fork ouy the dosh, I'd love some feedback. Ta , Deb.

Curly

Curly Report 6 Nov 2004 20:14

I'd be interested to know too, there are so many sites requesting money. I don't mind paying if I know they are going to be worth it! :)

Andrea

Andrea Report 6 Nov 2004 20:36

no it hasn't maz.... go to way public library, local history and then noteworthy links, you can go to ancestry plus from there

John

John Report 6 Nov 2004 20:39

Go for the c*m version as it's about £62.00. Good value for my research!

Andrea

Andrea Report 6 Nov 2004 20:40

thats strange... i just press proceed from the way i said.... just tried it and no problems

Andrea

Andrea Report 6 Nov 2004 20:46

http://www.way.lib.oh.us/oplin_databases(.)htm.... try this way

Andrea

Andrea Report 6 Nov 2004 20:51

i can still get in.... i wonder why ?? i'll look for another way

Andrea

Andrea Report 6 Nov 2004 20:53

what about.....http://infotrac.galegroup(.)com/itweb/perr67691... take out the brackets... worth a try! ;o) thats better, brackets are a pain !!

Andrea

Andrea Report 6 Nov 2004 20:59

nudge for maz !

Kel of the West Riding ©

Kel of the West Riding © Report 6 Nov 2004 21:07

Try this link http://www(.)way.lib(.)oh.us/lhlinks(.)htm obviously without the brackets it worked for me using the perr_log password just tried it now and it still is live and well Kel

Kel of the West Riding ©

Kel of the West Riding © Report 6 Nov 2004 21:14

Don't want to appear condescending but are you using a dash- instead of an underscore_ in the password? Kel

Kel of the West Riding ©

Kel of the West Riding © Report 6 Nov 2004 21:20

O.k. then give this ago then http://infotrac.galegroup(.)com/itweb/perr67691 this is the authenticator link doesn't ask for password. Kel ps watch them brackets

Kel of the West Riding ©

Kel of the West Riding © Report 6 Nov 2004 21:25

Have you got a firewall? or it could be something to do with allowing cookies in your browser. Kel

Kel of the West Riding ©

Kel of the West Riding © Report 6 Nov 2004 21:28

Do you know how to allow particular sites access through your firewall? It would appear it is something to do with your protection that is preventing you from accessing the site. Kel

Carole

Carole Report 7 Nov 2004 15:27

Hi, I could use Ancestry up until Saturday morning when my temporary internet files were cleared. Now I don't have the old cookies on my PC, it asks for a library card number and I can no longer access it. :-( So those who still have access and don't want to lose it - do NOT clear out those temp internet files!! One question re Ancestry - I cannot justify spending £60 a year on a subscription as I don't work (SAHM), but was wondering if it is possible to share an ID with my step-mum? As long as we don't use it at the same time, is it possible to use the same user name and password? That way we can share the subscription fees. Did not know if this would work or do you have to use the same PC for access? Thanks. C.

Steve

Steve Report 7 Nov 2004 15:40

Likewise - used it fine until my hard disk failed, when I lost all the temp internet files and cookies Since using a "new" hard disk, I cannot access Ancestry Plus. Very frustrating Steve

Carol

Carol Report 7 Nov 2004 16:27

For free access to Ancestry try www.way.lib.oh.us When you are in look at the drop down list on the left and find Note worthy Now you are in look for genealogy. sometimes it asks you for a password perr_log but sometimes its straight in. Good Luck.