General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is anyone else with NTL whos having problems??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 7 Nov 2004 20:21

Just logged on 5 minutes ago and my in box is totally empty of mail!! There was 40 odd this morning - whats going on?? Think i'm going to have to changed ISP, i'm totally balled off with NTL. Rant over!! :) ps: Wheres Dan, he's with NTL )) Tracey

Speedy

Speedy Report 7 Nov 2004 20:22

Don't use NTL so no probs for me :) Bev

R.B.

R.B. Report 7 Nov 2004 20:24

This happened to my husband last night all his mail has gone and there were some important bits to do with work. Liz

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 7 Nov 2004 20:26

Mine is fine...got me worried now! Sheila

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 7 Nov 2004 20:28

Seems ok so far (touching wood!)..

Tracey

Tracey Report 7 Nov 2004 20:32

I've always had the anti-virus and firewall and never had any problems before. There were lots of mail from one of my relatives who i've made contact with via genes and she lives in the USA. I'll go mad if they don't come back!! My internet connection was faster before i got broadband, should of stuck with it i think! :)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 7 Nov 2004 21:40

Nudge for Daniel's advice!!..

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Nov 2004 21:43

I used to have regular problems with NTL Interactive TV, but since I changed to Broadband it has been OK. Touch wood.

Daniel

Daniel Report 7 Nov 2004 21:52

I see I have turned to the anti NTL spokesman :-). Can't really say I have had any trouble with my emails today. Just ticking the days off my calender until I can be reunited (see the pun?) with AOL.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 7 Nov 2004 21:52

I am on NTL dialup, never had probs, glad we can't get broadband then! :-))

Tracey

Tracey Report 8 Nov 2004 06:56

Thanks for you replies guys. Today is another day and i've just logged on and guess what - my mail is back again Hooray!!!! Still don't know what went on though. Gonna print off all my messages in case they disappear again Lol!! Tracey Dan i was with AOL before too, never had any real problems with them. Should think about going back now!!

June

June Report 8 Nov 2004 07:19

Tracy, sorry to muscle in on your thread but for some reason I am able to write Hotmail but it doesn't print it

Tracey

Tracey Report 8 Nov 2004 07:57

Hi June, Do you mean to print the threads on here? If so i usually highlight it by left clicking and dragging the cursor over the text, then print. It works okay for me. Tracey