General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

your dog, or cat,does it have a knickname?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 7 Nov 2004 20:44

One of Our dogs named Trixie was a "whiner"constantly doing the dog equivalant of a Meeow. One of her pups, totally black, Sheba was "Wogdog". Tessa, our last dog was "Twofaced", and our new puppy, Megan, being into everything, I find I am calling " Toerag!!!!" Bob

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 7 Nov 2004 21:05

Shellie, our border collie, has quite a few nicknames but I am far too polite to repeat them. I sometimes call her Nosey Rosie as whenever a carrier bag is around you can hear her diving into it. Previous dog was named Robbie. He was a border collie/retriever. We called him Robbie Digger as he insisted on digging holes all around the garden. Once he dug a huge hole next to the fence and our neighbours dog, Duffy, came in uninvited!! Our fat cat is named Thomas, nickname - Fatty Tom Tom. Our grey cat is named Ashe - rescued from a crack house. Kathy

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Nov 2004 21:08

I have a nickname for a neighbour's dog who keeps crapping on our lawn but the thread would be deleted if I told you what it was:)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 7 Nov 2004 21:09

Kathy, what a coincidence, our new Megan is a border collie.........16 weeks old.....

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 7 Nov 2004 21:13

Bob, Shellie is 8 months old. A handfull and bossy with it. But sooooooooooooo lovely. She is VERY attracted to water. We took her to Puppy classes where she done very well. Kathy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 7 Nov 2004 21:23

My older cats get called several........ Max - Max-all's; Mate; Mush Coco - Coco Pops; Hunnie Bun My kittens so far get called:- Louie - Little Louie; Rascal Jazz - Jazzie or Jazzmeena; Minx And on a bad day I get very confused and call them all by one of the others names LOL

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 7 Nov 2004 21:30

Our border collie's name is Jack but we call him Roos, for Jack A Roos, and our last cat called Tootsie 2 toes, because that's all she had, we nicked named Monkey, 'cause she flung herself from every curtain and lampshade!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Nov 2004 21:59

Maz My cat that died a few months ago was actually called Spook cos she was frightened of everything. But we called her cooka choo, cooky, mooky moo or butch cattidy! The one that is still alive is called Spanky but we call her Pinky, Pinkachoo, Minsky or the Sundance Kit! That's just some of the names I can mention on here! lol Jeanette x

Sean

Sean Report 7 Nov 2004 23:33

amongst other names my cat called felix is known as SCRAG coz when it wakes up hes so dishevelled

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Nov 2004 23:41

We've got a 6yr old Border collie called Lucy... sometimes known as Looney (because she is), sometimes woofie, at the moment it's WUSS as she's been hiding all week because of the fireworks...

Lynn

Lynn Report 7 Nov 2004 23:53

our 12 yr old Lhasa is called Kye but answers to,little man , Kyebo puppydog, and bebo. Arthur our ginger cat thinks he's called dinner, and also answers to RT, little legs and tiger. our Sons cat pebbles never came to her name but answers to Stinkey....so much so he's even changed it to this at the vets Lynn

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 8 Nov 2004 00:07

Both my cats are named wudyergetdownfromthere and my dog is called gerroffthesofa.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Nov 2004 00:29

I once had an extremely thin cat called Tansy. As she got older she put on weight, so her feet looked very small - she was then called Tootsie. Present cat was abandoned by the neighbours and had the name Sophie. she is now called Po-face or Po - because she has a serious 'Po' face!! Daughters dog is called Hecate - Hex or Spex for short. It's good fun calling Hex out loud in the street - spooks some people! lol maggie

Lindy

Lindy Report 8 Nov 2004 04:05

Our twenty five kilo "brick of a bulldog" is named Feia. (Ugly) Also, goes by the name Miss Piggy, Donna Porca (Madam Pig) and "Moveyourass" as she takes her time. Lindy;-)

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 Nov 2004 06:48

one of our cats is called "smelly belly" she is lovley but at times she smells awful..........................

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Nov 2004 09:05

What a lot of most interesting replies.........mostly logical.... sometimes ours went by " doasyertold" Thanks, every one, but keep em coming!!!!!!!

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 8 Nov 2004 14:37

our dog oscar is called oskie or furball!

Merlin

Merlin Report 8 Nov 2004 15:04

One of ours is called"Sebastian" but I call him "JCB"because he eats as much as one can dig up. Hal.

Craig

Craig Report 8 Nov 2004 15:06

OH YES!!

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 8 Nov 2004 15:21

We have a long haired fair haored ginger cat called BILL.............but he gets called Stinky Pete ( a cartoon character from Toy Story ) as he can't wash himself too well....he needs a little help LOL!! Much happiness Debi Forgot to mention our Dog BEN a border Collie who looks like a girl, is attracted to boy dogs & acts like a cat ....... gets called Benny or Gaylord LOL