General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

POXY PACKAGING.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 8 Nov 2004 11:40

Does it drive you mad? Anything from a packet of sandwiches to a bubble pack. I need a pair of sissors wealded to my hip. It's always when I'm in a hurry that I can't get the dam thing undone, end up doing an injury to myself and having to deal with that as well. It's so frustrating, or is it just me? Jo.

Fairy

Fairy Report 8 Nov 2004 12:09

Baz, do you think they are just having a laugh with us then?

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Nov 2004 12:20

They have a secret agenda to kill off the old and frail by starving them to death. How DO you get the clingfilm off a sandwich without a Machete?

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 8 Nov 2004 12:26

Hi Joanne The absolute worst has got to be Barbie dolls. The hair is sewn into the plastic packaging and it takes me a good 20 mins to open one, so God help a bairn trying to do it. Christine

Fairy

Fairy Report 8 Nov 2004 12:31

Childrens toys sound the worst. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with them as well. I feel sorry for old people who just can't manage at all, also the pill pots, even I struggle with those. Packets of washing powder, bottles of bleach....it's a nightmare.

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 8 Nov 2004 13:34

I reckon they should get the people who design vacuum packed products to build prisons. No-one would escape. 8m8

Christine2

Christine2 Report 8 Nov 2004 13:39

Even the biscuit packets that now say open here - open where? I can never see a way in:)) and the child proof medicine bottles, my mother used to ask my daughter when she was about 6 to open them for her as she couldn't do it :)))) Chrissie

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Nov 2004 13:44

Cheese slices............i can never find the" easy to open flap"

Craig

Craig Report 8 Nov 2004 13:48

video and dvd wrappers are pants!! if you want to record something in a hurry, you can be sure that the wrapping's still on. I think it's some kind of copyright protection.

Craig

Craig Report 8 Nov 2004 14:03

You talking about the special delivery??

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Nov 2004 20:15

Re-sealable ham packets, can never get them to seal!.. Corned beef tins with that key, there must be an art here?.. nearly always get cut! :(

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 8 Nov 2004 22:07

Oh ha! You must have been watching me trying to get into a shrink-wrapped pack of rewritable CDs just now. Nails, teeth, scissors, small pointy knife didnt work, in the end I got the bread knife and sliced into them like a loaf of bread. Needless to say I smashed two of the flimsy plastic cases they come in. As for sandwiches, we have one remaining shop which does fresh sandwiches to order - I go there now, they come in a paper bag which even I can open and they arent stone cold either.

badger

badger Report 9 Nov 2004 01:24

Jim is right ,can you imagine the senario,survivor down in a stormy sea ,frozen fingers trying to open a survivor pack,no way ,it takes half an hour to get into a packet of crackers ,the poor begger would be dead before he could eat anything.Fred.ptfg.