General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FOR BRIAN WITH AN EYE HOPING THIS HELPS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Linda

**Linda Report 8 Nov 2004 18:08

When I lost my mum and dad this was given to me on a card hope it helps DEATH is nothing at all I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I,and you are you. Whatever we were to each other we still are.Call me by my old familiar name,speak to me in the easy way which you always used.Put no difference into your tone,wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile,think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,let it be spoken without effect, without the shadow of a ghost in it. Life means all that it ever meant.It is the same as it ever was;there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval,somewhere very near just around the corner..... ALL IS WELL You are in my thoughts ad my prayers are with you

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 8 Nov 2004 18:31

Brian You dont have to let her go. But the pain will be less raw, and easy to deal with, she will always be in your heart and your mind, and when the pain does lessen, you will find you are not holding on so tightly. It doesnt mean that you are forgetting her or are growing apart from her. It means you are doing as she wished, living your life, moving on and being happy, with her spirit beside you making sure you behave yourself. Like I said, my dad grieved for my mum, met my stepmum, never forgot my mum, now is alone for the past 3 years. He now finds he wants company and im happy for him, as I know mum & stepmum are. ( and sitting "up there" with their rolling pins lol) Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Nov 2004 19:34

brian,a sad time for you i know,i hope you find peace of heart and mind soon. bryan.