General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MSN messenger question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 9 Nov 2004 00:05

As far as I'm aware, you don't need a h0tmail address to use MSN messenger providing you've signed up for, and verified a .NET passport, is this correct? The only reason for me mentioning it, is that I don't use my h0tmail address and would prefer to sign in with my yah00 email address, which is my main email address. I think I've managed to get it to work, I can sign in ok with it...I've added some contacts, though only their email address shows on the screen, I'm presuming when they sign in again, it will show their display name? Hope this makes sense! Andy.

Andrea

Andrea Report 9 Nov 2004 00:08

don't know about the rest.... but i used my ntl account on there with no probs

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 9 Nov 2004 00:08

Yes Andy that is how I did it so happy chatting tomorrow. Debs.

badger

badger Report 9 Nov 2004 00:09

Hi andy ,yep that shouldbe okay,i use yahoo and can be in msn at the same time .fred ptfg.

Andy

Andy Report 9 Nov 2004 00:12

Hi all, thanks for that. Baz, I'm usually lurking somewhere on the board, if you look hard enough, lol.

Rick

Rick Report 9 Nov 2004 00:41

andy did you try and add me under a diff name?? if you did say on here and add me again rick

Andy

Andy Report 9 Nov 2004 00:43

Rick, yup, I did add you on the address that I had for you previously, don't know if you're using a different address now? My address that I'm trying to get it to work on is pandyman999 at yah00 d0t c0 d0t uk. A.

Rick

Rick Report 9 Nov 2004 00:47

andy add again sorry mate didnt recognise addy- rick

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Nov 2004 00:48

Andy Contacts Manage contacts View contacts by Display name That should do the trick for you Paul

Andy

Andy Report 9 Nov 2004 00:53

Rick, you online at the moment? It says you're offline at this end. Paul, thanks but just checked and it was on the Display name setting anyway. EDIT: I have contact!

Rick

Rick Report 11 Nov 2004 20:17

Hi Andy - sorry - only just saw your last reply. You now appear on my contacts list so hope to catch you online sometime soon. Rick.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 11 Nov 2004 20:47

Andy only just seen this thread, I think i added you the other day, but i can't see u on my list????????I think i still have u under your old addy Can u contact me soi work out what i did wrong?????? Shelli my mail not changed

Andy

Andy Report 12 Nov 2004 09:22

Shelli, email been sent to you. Rick, might catch you over the weekend.