General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chestnuts Roasting By An Open Fire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Linda

**Linda Report 9 Nov 2004 19:09

Chestnuts Roasting By An Open Fire

Sprack

Sprack Report 9 Nov 2004 19:18

this one linda ? Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping on your nose, Yuletide carols being sung by a choir, And folks dressed up like Eskimos. Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe, Help to make the season bright. Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow, Will find it hard to sleep tonight. They know that Santa's on his way; He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh. And every mother's child is going to spy, To see if reindeer really know how to fly. And so I'm offering this simple phrase, To kids from one to ninety-two, Although its been said many times, many ways, A very Merry Christmas to you jenny x

Sprack

Sprack Report 9 Nov 2004 19:29

I used to go chestnutting in the new forest when I was little and we would come home and roast them in the ash pan of the of the fire but we havn`t got an open fire in our house and they dont taste the same boiled. jenny x :-(((

**Linda

**Linda Report 9 Nov 2004 19:38

Thats the one sang by Nat King Cole And yes chestnuts are lovely done by the open fire some put them in the oven now Always know when christmas is coming chestnuts in the supermarket and pomegranets (hope its spelled correct) and satsumas

badger

badger Report 10 Nov 2004 01:20

I too miss the open fire Jenny ,but try putting a few chestnuts in your microwave for two minutes ,looooverly,but remember to nick them with a sharp knife first or the will explode ,making an awful mess and scaring the pets .Fred.ptfg.p/s the best version of that song was by nat king cole.