General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm scared.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 9 Nov 2004 22:18

I recently made contact with a rellie through GC and been emailing him. He isn't in touch with the rest of the family (he's my dad's cousin's son). I hate to say it, but I think I know why. He gave me his MSN addy, so I added it to my messenger and vice versa. I thought I would check out his profile. I wish I hadn't. It had a warning before, but I wanted to see it anyway, and he's a realy stoner (druggy). I've smoked pot before, but I'm not into the hard drugs scene at all. And it looks as though he's not just into that but into 'internet interactions'. And the picture his had, there are lines of coke on the table..... he seems nice enough, and everyone has their private life, but I'm shocked and scared.... advice please!!

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Nov 2004 22:20

You don't have to meet him if you don't want to. Just email and get the info. you need.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 9 Nov 2004 22:21

block him on messenger he'll just see u as offline E x

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 9 Nov 2004 22:25

Thanks. I really am disappointed. He is the closest rellie I've found during genealogy. And I didn't even know that my great uncle ever had children to begin with!! He has two kids too. I don't like to judge, but what kind of world are they growing up in? Maybe he's not that bad at all. The kids looked normal, happy little boys.