General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Simpsons love them or hate them?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 10 Nov 2004 12:13

my boys are now watching the simpsons which i cant stand but they love it so does hubby, so do you love them or hate them ?and do you think its funny? let me know kylie xxx

Joy

Joy Report 10 Nov 2004 12:13

Love them. Real good (to me) adult humour. Joy

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 10 Nov 2004 12:16

Love them.... so do my kids. Kxx

Andy

Andy Report 10 Nov 2004 12:19

I think it's great but the problem with The Simpsons, like with Only Fools & Horses, is that it's always on, you can't get away from it. All of which weakens its appeal, IMO.

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 10 Nov 2004 12:21

We've only got the four terrestrial channels, no sky, freeview or digital (Ahhh) so we haven't suffered from overload - it's great to see them back on Channel 4. Kxx

Joy

Joy Report 10 Nov 2004 12:28

It hadn't been on BBC2 for ages. Had to keep looking at our books. Now it's on channel 4 which seems strange to have adverts in the middle. Loved it last night, brilliant script. :-) Joy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Nov 2004 13:22

Its the best kids show with subtile adult undertones... Wonderfull Elaine x

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 10 Nov 2004 13:29

Can't stand the programme, but I have to say I find most attempts at so called "humour" from the USA televison programme makers leaves me cold (no offence to any American members of GR). Give me the Vicar of Dibley and Victor Meldrew any day!! Pauline

Merlin

Merlin Report 10 Nov 2004 14:10

I thought they were the residents of "10.Downing St."along with "Wallace and Gromit" HoHo. Hal.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 14:11

Love it. But haven't watched it often enough to get tired of it yet

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 10 Nov 2004 16:31

Love Homer and Co, in Springfield! :))

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Nov 2004 16:44

love it!!!!xxx(:

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 10 Nov 2004 17:18

I really love the Simpsons, WASN'T HE THE ONE WHO GAVE UP THE THRONE OF ENGALAND,HAD A WIFE CALLED WALLIS,LIKES ALL THAT FLASHY JEWELLRY. Yes I know who you mean.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 17:24

The world encompassing a family of 5 yellow people with such recognisable personality traits is such an accurate reflection of today's society that I can't help liking it. Oh yeah, an' it makes me larf. O.K?

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 10 Nov 2004 18:02

Off to watch them now - Doh!! Kxx

Sue

Sue Report 12 Nov 2004 22:53

Just love the Simpsons, unfortunately I can relate to the family quite well, (apart from the yellowness!) Sue