General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I,m moving Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 13:17

Hi I am meant to be moving this Friday, Im all packed we have had half of our stuff in storage for the last 2 weeks. Last Thursday we went into the Solicitors office to sign all the contracts and bits and pieces. Now today I find out the person that is buying the womans house that is buying ours, hasnt had a mortgage offer yet. The woman that is moving into ours is already to move, the people that we are moving into have had all their stuff shipped to Australia yesterday. I have made several phone calls but nobody knows what is going on. Now if these people at the begining of the chain havnt got the morgage yet how come the lady that is buying ours was allowed to sign all the paperwork as well. And surely that means her house wasnt surveyed. I am in tears here. All the kids stuff is packed away, and I have to tell them that we wont be moving this friday. And to top it all we have to pay £400 extra to the removal company if we cancel. does anybody out there know where we stand please? I am so confused as no one will talk on the phone to me. Thankyou

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 13:22

If you have exchanged contracts sweetie then you are covered if they pull out.... they have to pay all your costs... but I'll keep my fingers crossed... PLEASE CONFIRM WITH US THAT CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 13:26

Thanks for that. When we went and signed everything last week, the solicitor said we didnt need to sign anything else. so I gather that is it and we have actualy exchanged.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 13:27

don't count on it babe.... ring your solicitor and ask him if the exchange of contracts actually happened!! Some solicitors exchange and complete on the same day... MOVING DAY!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 13:30

I have phoned the Estate agent and the woman dealing with our house was out fo the office, then I just phoned back and she is out to lunch, been about 3 hours. So then I just phoned the solicitor she is out to lunch wont be back till after 2. What is it with these people wanting lunch breaks, especialy when I want to talk to them.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Nov 2004 13:50

Debbie, normally everyone in the chain would exchange contracts at more or less the same time. I would think if your solicitor has gone ahead without the others and there is a problem then you would have a claim against them for any extra expenses incurred. Presumable, if the one you are moving to is empty and you have exchanged contracts then you will still be able to move, likewise the person who is buying yours, however there may be a glitch with the actual transfer of money somewhere which is where the claim will come in. you do need advice from both your solicitor and estate agent urgently. Ann Glos

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 13:54

The waiting is killing me.... god knows what it must be doing to you!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 14:18

Well, have just got off the phone to the estate agent, and apparently she was told two weeks ago by the other estate agent and the buyers solicitor that they had the mortgage offer. She found out last night it was a lie, but she cannot do anything about it as there was nothing written just telephone calls. She is in touch with our solicitor to phone the first solicitor to try and get the mortgage company to fax the offer today. Which probably wont be done. and the things we signed last week is not exchange of contracts, just the other contracts the exchange of contracts gets signed with all the solicitors. So now I am just sat her waiting I am giving it a little more time to ring the solicitors. I will let you know what happens. My kids are going to be heart broken, we took the bunk beds down last night and they slept on mattresses my little boy loved it but my little girl hated it, I am sure she's not going to like it.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 10 Nov 2004 14:18

It's after 2.00 now Debbie, time to get back on the phone. You've got to keep pestering, it's a nuisance I know but I'm afraid that it's the only way sometimes. Good luck. Chrissie p.s. Sorry - late again as usual

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Nov 2004 15:38

Any news Debbie, we are all holding our collective breath here. ann Glos

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 15:40

oh debbie that is awful.... I do hope it gets sorted for you!!

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 16:37

Thanks all. Apparently we signed the contracts but not the exchange I dont get it. My estate agent said that the excuse about them not getting the mortgage offer was they were buying two houses to renovate and got confused. The mortgage offer has still not been faxed through yet, I think it is too late now. My children were quite upset they have no telly in their room, their computer has been packed they have a few toys in a bag. We even took their wardrobes down last night which took ages. now they only have a few clothes which were meant to last till saturday. Just got a text off boyfriend it is defitnly not this friday. As for removals he told them it was defitnely for this friday so if cancelled we have to pay penalty of £372.00 as we have stuff in storage as well. So right now I feel sick as a dog. And the poor people that are going to Australia I think they were being told this afternoon, the estate agents didnt want to upset them if it wasnt happening. Thanks for all the replies. At least we didnt pack the computer away, it was going to be done tonight very lucky. Thing is I have packed all my family history stuff away.

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Nov 2004 17:10

I have just had the man that we are buying from on the phone. He is feeling terrible they are actualy sleeping on the floor. They have nothing as it has all gone to australia. So they are spending a couple of days cleaning up and then going to stay with relatives. He was ever so nice and he knew it wasnt our fault. His Removal firm would have charged just over £1500 if he had canceled luckily his stuff went yesterday.