General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How Cruel

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Nov 2004 16:58

A group of men swung a cat around in the air so violently they killed it, the RSPCA says.

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Nov 2004 16:58

Residents in Cherry Lane, Liverpool, saw the men hold 12-year-old Holly by the tail and collar and swing her round and then dump her body in the road. It was retrieved by a resident who then contacted the RSPCA. Holly was owned by an 89-year-old woman who is said to be devastated by the attack on Monday. The RSPCA is investigating the incident. 'Horrific attack' RSPCA animal collection officer Derek Hampson said: "This is an horrific attack on a vulnerable and elderly cat. "It was sustained and cruel - Holly's attackers were determined to ensure she suffered as much as possible before she died. "We are urging anyone who witnessed the attack and who can provide us with information as to who was responsible to contact us in confidence. "We need their help to bring these thugs to justice."

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Nov 2004 16:59

that is sickening with being a cat owner myself i would like to swing them around by the balls and do the same to themxxxx):

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Nov 2004 17:00

people are so sick, im not a cat lover, but i wouldnt hurt one. E x

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 10 Nov 2004 17:00

Sick. The courts really need to get tougher on these sort of people. RSPCA do their best with their investiagtion then it gets to court and all the scum get is a smack on the wrist. The inspectors must wonder why they bother - but they always do. Kxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 17:01

it turns your stomach to think of them doing that - poor cat but poor owner - this will have a devestating effect on her.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 10 Nov 2004 17:02

Oh dear,that has made me feel so sick.I despair sometimes.Rose

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 10 Nov 2004 17:04

A friend of mine found her cat beheaded. It was confirmed that it was done purposefully with a knife. Unbelievable but true! Pat

Craig

Craig Report 10 Nov 2004 17:04

I once caught some lads in their late teens doing something like that around bonfire night(enough said). 2 of them spent a few days in St. James'

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 10 Nov 2004 17:07

Sorry Daniel, I could have sworn you described them as "men". How can real men pick on a creature so much smaller than them? No Dan, you got it wrong; they're yellowbellies, and that's putting it nicely. (And no, I'm not having a go at you Dan, :-) I'm being a sarky sod towards that scum). Glenys x

Karen

Karen Report 10 Nov 2004 17:13

I donate to RSPCA every month, and nearly every month I get details through from them about cases of cruelty to animals, it breaks my heart to read them. Everytime I see the RSPCA adverts on TV I sit there in tears. RSPCA are self funded, and without donations from the public, scum like these boys will get away scott free. Karen

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 10 Nov 2004 17:16

Daniel, that is so terrible, I feel numb :(

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 17:19

Daniel quoted that these were supposed to be MEN not BOYS How sick can you get. Pat x

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 10 Nov 2004 17:20

Yes Karen, I too am an RSPCA member, and I know what you mean. You feel so bloody powerless, don't you? (Sorry to swear but it makes me so mad). And what punishment will they get? Well, perhaps a fine and a rap on the knuckles, but woe betide anything that goes against their human rights! I'm also fuming at the moment because we've recently found out something that our adopted kids suffered at the hands of certain people in their previous lives. Sorry to ramble on, folks, cruelty to animals and children is a very raw nerve with me at the moment. Glenys x