General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sony Advert on site - anyone having bother with it

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 10 Nov 2004 18:56

In the advert box above the FR & GR 'tabs' has anyone else been affected by the Sony Ericsson advert that keeps appearing?? Every now and then, my screen flickers and flips over and then this damned advert takes over half my screen. Not only is it annoying - the first time I panicked and quickly logged off cos I thought it was one of those rogue 'premium diallers' taking over!! Grrrrr :((

Andy

Andy Report 10 Nov 2004 19:03

Not only that, it seems to interefere with my Dragon Naturally speaking voice to speech software, which has stopped working on this site since that appeared!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 10 Nov 2004 19:04

Cant be right can it Andy?? I thought my screen was on the blink the first couple of times - the interference was that bad!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 Nov 2004 07:46

It's really annoying. I'm going to email GR about it. Gwynne

Tracy in Hants(45831)

Tracy in Hants(45831) Report 11 Nov 2004 07:58

Morning everyone I never see the advert - is it because I have a pop-up blocker? Tracy x