General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRANDAD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mags

Mags Report 10 Nov 2004 21:58

Mags

Mags Report 10 Nov 2004 21:58

I have just had my daughter on the phone in stitches. She had a conversation with her 3 year old daughter that went something like: 'Who's Granny?' 'Mummy's mummy' 'And who's Grandad ?' Silence for a few seconds.... 'He's the man that feeds Gandalf' ! ( the cat) My husband now knows just where he stands in her estimation LOL

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 10 Nov 2004 22:34

My 4yr old Grandaughter was talking to me yesterday about how I was her mummy`s mummy, and her two aunties mummy too. I agreed and said yes they were my little girls - at which she looked at me and said "Do you miss your little girls Grandma?" I had to agree that I do!! Frances

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 23:03

Yes, its quite amusing when you explain that mummy's granny was granny's mummy! My mum came to look after our children when we were away one weekend ages ago. My younger son - aged about 4 - got up in the night to go to the loo. On his return, he went into the spare bedroom, shook my mum awake and then said loudly "Granny, are you dead?" nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 23:04

Aren't they great at that age eh ?

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Nov 2004 23:12

bless out of the mouths of babes

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Nov 2004 07:27

It must be so confusing for the young ones trying to work out relationships. My grandson knows my husband as 'Grandad'. When my inlaws visited, he looked from Grandad then across to his mum's grandad and said 'More Grandad' and that's now his great grandad's name. They even sign cards from 'More Gran and Grandad'.