General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Big shock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 22:31

Have had big shock, i am researching my tree and i am on my grandas family. My mum tells me his father tried to rape his wife (his daughter in law) if thet makes sense. I am not sure i want to carry on now, i was looking at his photo thinking he looked a sweet old man!!!!

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 22:42

Its terrible because now it has put me off a bit. Never mind, hope i dont find any more horrible things!

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 10 Nov 2004 22:42

Try not to let it put you off, you never know what other wonderful things you may discover. Kxx

Marie

Marie Report 10 Nov 2004 22:43

emma that would be a shock.... but as bendy said we all will find a dark side at some point. they can,t all have been goody goody,s but don,t be put off by this please hen as there are more fruitfull rellies than him to find out about ....

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 22:48

Thankyou i know you are all right, i will continue. Now i would like to find out there is a multi millionaire in the family and they want to leave the lot to me. That would be great.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Nov 2004 22:48

Emma, you should not be swayed by what ancestors have done..........it is none of Your doing. we probably all have events that were not too savoury in the past.........press on.... regardless.......and be fruitfull........

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 10 Nov 2004 22:50

Hi Not very nice news but keep going. We all have skeletons in the cupboard. I'm sure you will turn up some nice ones too.

Emma

Emma Report 10 Nov 2004 22:51

Thanks, nite nite.