General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yasser Arafat dead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 11 Nov 2004 06:06

he died today age 75 ,what happens nw?

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 11 Nov 2004 06:13

Yes, I just saw it on the news. I don't know what will happen next. Who will take his place?

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 10:31

lets just hope that it doesn't mean that another war will start!!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 Nov 2004 10:45

Very sad, preparing his grave before he was even dead :o(

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 11:55

That's what I thought Elaine! Last week when the Israelis claimed he had died George Bush was talking to journalists and was informed by one of them he said "May he rest in Peace". This morning Bush & Tony Blair are talking about all the work for Peace and it should be a Priority??? I think Cofi Annan's comment was the most appropriate. I hope whoever takes over will strive for a more peaceful solution and stop these suicide bombings and give Bush and the Israelis NO EXCUSE to find a solution to the human right for the Palestinians to have their own homeland. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 18:50

Marion Couldn't agree more with all you said, and I could not put it as well as you did. RIP Yasser Arafet Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 19:56

Marion, Didn't bother with the news since this morning, I was so disgusted with Tony Blair sounding like George Bush. Yes it is easy for people to forget Arafat won the Nobel Peace Prize and how difficult it must have been for him to finally recognize the State of Israel in the hope that things could move on. I still live in hope of a brighter future for the Palestinian people, do they not deserve it? Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 01:04

SO WHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING???? HIS MOTHER WAS A PALESTINIAN. OH AND HOW MANY LEADERS OF ISRAEL WERE BORN THERE??? THE PEOPLE WHO MOVED TO PALESTINE WERE NOT BORN THERE THEY WERE FROM EUROPE.......

Merlin

Merlin Report 12 Nov 2004 14:27

I expect there will be "Great Enquiries"as to what happened to his Numerous Bank account Details,and where are all the Millions he recieved from the west to help the Palistinians. It is reportedly in various secret accounts, Hal.

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 14:54

Yasser Arafat had his own wealth and married into wealth as well. Yet he lived for the past three years in 2 rooms a bedroom and an office, with no proper lighting all the rest of the compound in Ramalla being bombed beyond repair, living in similar conditions as the rest of the Palestinians. As Marion stated the money resting in Banks was for rebuilding what has been allowed to be destroyed by Israeli's. Mr Betts, If your father told you anything about his time in Palestine surely he must have told you about the cowardly terrorist war (the eventual Prime Minister of Israel) Menachem Begin waged against the British troops after the British helped these people claim Palestine as Israel. People do have short memories, especially when it comes to the foundation of Israel. Your comment is the most offensive you have added to these boards so far, The Records Office and the Tips board were bad enough but HOW YOU CAN USE LANGUAGE LIKE THIS Please learn about the Palestinians plight before embarking on such venum. Pat