General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Having to scroll halfway down the page all the tim

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 06:58

This is doing my head in. It is not just a certain thread that it happens. But every single thread. Every single page. I am having to scroll down more than half a page to read anything. Whatever I click,refresh, add message, read a thread, latest reply first etc. I have to do this. Anyone else having this problem? jenny

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 11 Nov 2004 07:54

Yes, occasionally, are you on aol8?( looking for something common)

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 08:10

No. On Blueyonder Broadband. I just thought it was something wrong with the site. Perhaps I am wrong. Jenny

Geoff

Geoff Report 11 Nov 2004 08:21

Usually it only happens when someone puts in a very long URL or a line without a space in. I think that certain punctuation marks in the title of a thread also have an effect. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 08:57

Geoff. Its every single thread. when i send this message I shall have to scroll all the way down again. Then click latest reply, then scroll down again. It is really getting me angry. Jenny

sheila7

sheila7 Report 11 Nov 2004 09:15

yes Ive got the same problem and I'm with BT, had it a few days now. Sheila

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 11 Nov 2004 09:44

I have nor done anything. I am seriouslythinking of giving up. Jenny

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 11 Nov 2004 09:48

That's right, I looked at this earlier and it was ok. Now i've just had to scroll right down for it. weird - gremlins.... Kxx

Geoff

Geoff Report 11 Nov 2004 10:21

I put a loooooong line under my first reply - that is what has caused this thread to slide down.

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:02

this is mad ?/

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:03

if i keep adding messages it should right it,s self

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:03

maybe ? lol lol

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:04

trying ?

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:04

trying ?

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:05

trying ?

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:06

trying again ?

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:06

and again ? lol lol

Marie

Marie Report 11 Nov 2004 12:07

no luck so giving up sorry >? lol lol

Diane

Diane Report 11 Nov 2004 12:13

Hi Jenny, I have the same problem too. When I'm going through ( Your Relations section) on my second page I have to scroll right down the page, I really don't know why this has started. Also I sometimes log in and then click on my Name Summary and it comes up the page cannot be found, I usually have plenty of patience but lately I just log off again. Best wishes from Diane...................