General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Festive Fundraising - You can help without it cost

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 11:30

Chaps, as you all know I am an avid collector for Cancer Research UK and i have just received a box of pins and bookmarks (really cute) to raise "Festive Funds".... you can apply for your own box on the http://www.cancerresearchuk(.)org/christmas/festivefun without any cost to yourself and help raise some money. So can I ask that as many people as possible get permission from their companies and have a box of pins and bookmarks on their reception areas.... Schools can join in too!! I am not benefitting from this in any way and the funds are not added to my fundraising... I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 11 Nov 2004 11:43

Diana thanks for this, i've passed it on to my chief clerk. you know about mum so you must know how appreciative i am to all who do anything, for themselves, someone they know or just because of a big heart! i do my own fundraising by running silly marathons and stuff! xxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 11:48

Cheers Strump!! Paul.... I do this because I have the benefit of being healthy and I can.... I am also lucky that my company VODAFONE, double the amount I raise for every event I do up to £500 per event, so I figure that if while I am here I might as well let Cancer Research UK benebfit as much as possible!! And if I am honest I get a great buzz every time I send them a cheque!! :O) Selfish huh? Me's giggling!! Love to your Ma!! And big hugs for you too!! D

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 11 Nov 2004 11:54

absolutely and good on yer chick! in 2006 im doing the sahara marathon, 151 miles in 6 days over the sahara! hoping to raise a lorra lorra money as well! good luck to you! xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 12:13

Paul - I have emailed you.... hope you approve!! :O)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 12:44

Linda.... wow what an achievement.... I am hoping to raise £10k before May but as i can't hold a note i don't think I will give the busking a try.... mind you could be paid to shut up!! :O)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 11 Nov 2004 19:48

Nudging for Diana's worthy cause!..