General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

made a big decision and...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 11 Nov 2004 12:27

already feel sick!! in april i was contacted by a cousin in NZ that i never knew about,she put me in touch with my grandads half brother(again never knew about --long story).hes 96 and living in the USA,anyway over the last few months we've called each other and grown fond of each other,so after much ooming and aahing i've decided to go and visit along with my two children and my mum. its such a big decision because i HATE flying,i can just about cope with an hours flight---so now you can see why i feel sick and i wont even be going till may

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 12:29

bless your cotton socks... nothing I can say will make it any better as it's your fear.... but please know you are safer in the air than you are on the streets! And good for you!! :O)

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 11 Nov 2004 12:33

Diana, i know that your safer in the air(or thats what they tell us) but if i could fly the plane i'd be fine,either that or put out for hours and put in cargo!!!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 11 Nov 2004 12:38

relaxant!! i think a stun gun might be more useful thanks for the tip though

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 12:46

Karen, I would be full of fear, well not yet, nearer the time I would be. But think about the benefits of travelling over. Terrific! that would help me with the fear of it all. I have found when I travel with my kids I worry more about them and it eases my thoughts about my fear. When the time is near try and think of the positive, at the moment I would put it out of your mind. Good Luck. Pat x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 12:47

Alcohol..... :O)

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 11 Nov 2004 12:49

thanks Pat, i would love to worry more about the kids but they love flying and sit and hold my hand as we take off (bless them). i keep telling myself that hes not going to be around forever and that i really would regret it if i didn't go.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 11 Nov 2004 12:51

Diana i don't drink often and when i do it doesn't affect me:-0

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 11 Nov 2004 12:55

Karen - you cant be drinking enough!!!! Kxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 12:56

If you drink anough of it babe it will affect you eventually and you could just tell your children it's an experiment!! :O)

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 11 Nov 2004 13:01

Diana LOL :-)))