General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new to all this

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eric

Eric Report 11 Nov 2004 14:48

hi everyone just bought my first ever pc. at the age of 59. I would really appreciate any BASIC tips on how to carry on with it. Please remember if i dont reply straight away its not because of ignorance its because i may be lost . Thanks Madalaine

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Nov 2004 14:50

what are you trying to do sweetie?

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 11 Nov 2004 14:51

Hello Madalaine and welcome, nice to meet you, if you have any queries just ask, there are number of computer experts on here who I'm sure will be happy to help. (I'm not one of them - known as a computer illiterate!!) Kxx

Eric

Eric Report 11 Nov 2004 15:16

Thanks everyone When i get used to how things work i hope to be adding much more to this site, it seems really friendly. speak to you all soon. Thanks again Madalaine

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 11 Nov 2004 17:33

Hi Madeline,What exactly are you stuck on? Do you need help with Family research,or help with how your computer works? If you give us a clue,there are a lot of friendly people ready to help. Welcome Rose

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 11 Nov 2004 17:42

Hello Madelaine,,welcolme to the dead rellie hunt...dont be a stranger,,keep in touch

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 Nov 2004 17:44

Welcome to the madhouse Elaine x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 11 Nov 2004 19:02

Hello Madalaine, welcome aboard!..

Brian

Brian Report 11 Nov 2004 19:56

Hi Madalaine, Welcome..... Yep, it's a friendly site right enough; but gets a little nasty now and then. When that happens, usually through a minor misunderstanding, best to stay on the touchline, and let it blow itself out. A thick skin is preferable. Brian, ;-0)