General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Off to the motorbike show at the Nec tomorrow!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:02

Yippee! Eight of my boozy mate's and me are off on the train to the motorcycle show tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to it, we are such an odd mix of people, Paul the youngest is 26, me the oldest 57, a scattering of ages in between. We shall start drinking on the train at 10 o'clock in the morning, three or four tinnies before we get to Birmingham, go to the NEC sit on all the motorcycles and visit all the bars. Then down to the Rocket at Coventry for some more Guinness in the evening, then try to catch the train home if we're sober enough. What a crack!

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:21

Thanks Wendy, I'll drink a pint to you!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 Nov 2004 20:23

Hi Andy, I went to the NEC today for the Christmas show - watch out for the roadworks. Gwynne

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 11 Nov 2004 20:25

IM SOOOOOO JELOUS! i LOVE motor bikes...but the ball and chain wont let me get one! :-(( xx

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:25

Wendy, it's heaven! My wife loves it, always wants a spoon to fish out the creamy bits at the bottom! I've seen her down 5 on a good evening!

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:28

Gwyneth, Roadworks no prob , we're on the Choo Choo. Just as well as we will all be 3 times over the limit!

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:30

Steph! Won't let you? fight woman! (mine won't go on the back of the Yam any more, it's to fast. She'll only go on the back of my vintage mopeds)!

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:35

Oh no Wendy, we'd larf! A proper bike is head down, knee out and whahayeee! I had my mate Daves ZX9R up to 165 on the speedo in Belgium last year!

Andy

Andy Report 11 Nov 2004 20:37

At That speed I probably would have done!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 11 Nov 2004 20:45

i cant fight with him, he is bigger than me! lol....i might buy one on the sneak though! xxx