General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

memeory lane whos going to join me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helenbell

helenbell Report 11 Nov 2004 21:26

who fancies a trip down memory lane then what era were you born and whats your fav music, i was born in the fifties and i love the old rock and roll Helen :)))))

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 11 Nov 2004 21:30

born in 60s and love 80s music, george michael midge ure adam ant

Patricia

Patricia Report 11 Nov 2004 21:31

Hi Helen. I too was born in the fifties, but I hate to say I don't really like any of that era music, sorry!! I remember having pictures of the Herd of over my bedroom, I thought Peter Frampton was the bees knees, Pat

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 21:36

Blimey Patricia When I was at school I loved the Monkees and the Herd I had a poster of the Herd and their first album my fave was Gary Taylor LOL> Dont like Elvis Presley, George Michael, Robbie Williams yuk....... Like Beatles Abba Sixties and Seventies Soul Music like Tamla Motown stuff. I've updated this as I missed out my love for Reggae Music which is massive, especially 60's and 70's stuff. Pat x

helenbell

helenbell Report 11 Nov 2004 21:38

hello girls, i loved the beatles and the monkies, but i really did love the teddy boys and the bop Helen

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 11 Nov 2004 21:39

Ojays....Four tops......Stylistics?........Jimmy Ruffin.........I just loved Motown, my memory lane at Top Rank in Reading, a quick bottle of cider on the train LOL. Debs.

helenbell

helenbell Report 11 Nov 2004 21:40

what about a bit of heavy metal, metallica, ac/dc faith no more and that kind of music Helen

Patricia

Patricia Report 11 Nov 2004 21:55

I remember going to see Black Sabbath, now my son like Ozzy Osbourn, he doesn't believe me that I have seen him,. Did have a lot of Tamla music, I remember also going to the Isle of White to the music festival, that was a great weekend. Blimey you have me thinking of my school days, old boyfriends.. oh must stop that. Pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 23:00

O.K. you can all have a laugh!! I was born just after the War and have happy memories of 'Cliff Adams singers with Sing something simple' because it reminds me of Sunday teatime with my Grandma and Granddad, I was young and innocent and had no troubles in those days. My Granddad would sing "I'll be your sweetheart......." to my Grandma and it was lovely.

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 11 Nov 2004 23:02

Same as Julie Anne. Born late 60's love the 80's stuff. Have loads of 80's compilation CDs. Duran Duran were my teen band! Kxx

Jan

Jan Report 11 Nov 2004 23:22

Hi everyone, I am circa 1943 so Elvis, Eddie Cochrane, Gene Vincent then later Swinging Blue Jeans, Freddie and the Dreamers, Chaka Khan, all types of Reggae, some country, Meat Loaf,Queen - I remember all my Mums 20s/30s and 40s songs and now my grand-daughters are singing me "shaking that ass"

Jan

Jan Report 11 Nov 2004 23:24

Oh sorry, forgot to mention Alma Cogan for those others of my era. haha

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 01:06

Janus, You like a wide range of music like me, My Mum loves Guy Mitchell, Frankie Laine and Nat King Cole, Marty Robbins so do I. Pat x

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 12 Nov 2004 01:24

Patricia, You have similar faves to me! I used to go mad over Peter Frampton, also Steve Ellis from Love Affair, something about his voice.... Oh and I almost forgot Scott Walker, how could I? lol Sue

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 03:00

Oh Sylvia How can you forget SCOTT WALKER he was mmm yummy LOL. Think you Patricia and me are about the same age then x Pat x

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 12 Nov 2004 17:15

Pat, I would have chatted to you last night if I'd known you were treading the boards!! I thought all the lights were out when I was on at about 1am!! I am a fifties person, born in and of that age, ha, ha. Do you still collect albums by Scott Walker? I personally think his voice just got better and better, although my my fave track from way back when has to be "First Love", it sends shivers down my spine, what a sad case?! lol Sue P.S. I am Sue not Sylvia,that is my other identity....

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 12 Nov 2004 17:40

Born just after the war myself Hazel Loved Sing something simple. Guy Mitchell,David Whitfield all the good old favourites. Sue