General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

E-bay --Has anyone bought from it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 11 Nov 2004 22:45

Has anyone bought from E-Bay is so has anyone bought any used video tapes,and what did you think?

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 22:46

I've bought AND sold on eBay.. generally a brilliant experience, only one unfortunate incident, and that was along time ago... I haven't bouhgt tapes (I only use DVD's now lol)

sheila7

sheila7 Report 11 Nov 2004 22:55

I also have bought and sold on ebay,but have not been on for a while ,but yes I have bought about 4 video tapes from different sellers and had no problems, maybe I was lucky Sheila

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 23:04

I am downsizing at the moment so selling on Amazon; also trying to sell some of Dad's books, C.D.'s etc. and having no trouble. I know where I am up to. Can't seem to get the hang of E-bay---but that's me!

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 23:05

Elaine, isn't it 8 legged freaks ? or was the quality of the tape that badly degraded ? lol

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 23:23

I use e-bay. I haven't bought any videa cassettes, but I did actually sell 54 the other day, the buyer got a gr8 deal, whay do you ask?? Lisa x

Pat

Pat Report 11 Nov 2004 23:46

I'm a Star Trek fan but not as fanatical as to want all the latest stuff on DVD. So I am buying videos and am nearly complete with Voyager, my Son has bought some Deep Space Nine and Star Trek the Next Generation. These were all bought from private sellers and I am very happy to be able to get so many videos at such a good price, the sellers are happy as most are Star Trek fans as well and seem to be upgrading to the DVDs. I won't buy new videos or DVDs I would rather wait for the bargains, not that I am mean but I used to spend a lot of money on videos years ago but found after a few plays they were just left there. Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 00:12

Yeah I never buy stuff like that from America plus postage costs are much higher from there. I hear with DVDs you can play US on your computer, but not on your player, I don't know if its true? Pat x

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 12 Nov 2004 09:37

Thank you for all your replies, thay have been most helpful. Lisa I was looking for Band of Brother's on Video --saw it as used on Amazon and thought E Bay may have it.

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 12 Nov 2004 11:24

I've sold stuff but never bought anything. I found I could get new DVD's pretty cheap from CDWOW on the net. They send them from all over the world cheaper than what you can buy them for in HMV or Woolies. Jack x

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 12 Nov 2004 12:14

Like that about used double cream--it's like re-cycled toilet paper--lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Nov 2004 12:26

erm - yes - have bought loads from ebay including videos - and at the moment vintage ganzbro wrinkle puppets - and genealogy discs and books

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 12:39

LOL I want to know What it is USED Double Cream? what was it used for??????????? the mind boggles. Around the time George Best had his liver transplant some joker put part of a liver up for sale (with photo) claiming it was part of George's old one, AND HE GOT BIDS!!!!!!!!!! Pat x

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Nov 2004 12:45

Yeh - l bought 2 charcoal drawings by my grandfather,fantastic !!!!!!!!! and no problems:o)))))) Jude sarf wales

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Nov 2004 13:34

AHH ok Ann, personally, we have had no trouble buying or selling or e-bay, but have recently noticed some scams, people are putting in pictures of mp3 players and letting people bid for it, when all they're really getting is a e-book, we helped a guy the other day, he had bid £89 for what he thought was an mp3 player, and was actually an e-book. he was very pleased we let him know, luckily he got his money back. Lisa x