General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IF ONLY.........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Nov 2004 11:23

I could get my hands on the 1921 census, most of my geneology problems would be solved. I can't think of a reason why we have to wait 100 years for the census to be released. Ok so they could have been in prison, but what else can you think of as a reason for making us all wait? Jo.

Ann

Ann Report 12 Nov 2004 11:25

I think it is because there will be people on the 1921 census who are still alive today and it is meant to protect them- mind you seeing as their information will also be available on other sources such as the electoral roll, I am not sure why it is any different!!!

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 12:48

If they would release the 1911 early that would keep me going a while, that 100 year rule is outdated when there is so much info on living people out there, there isnt that many who were born in 1911 still around. Don't think we have a hope of seeing 1921 for a very long time even if they release it early, it will probably be another 15years from now, if we are lucky (if I'm still around). There is a thread on the Records Board by Benjamin: Petition to have the 1911 census released early there are 238 posts on this, add your name. Pat x