General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've got the afternoon off!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 12 Nov 2004 14:01

I have taken a valuable half day to catch up with my housework (yeah I know - crazy woman). It's now 2pm so I have been home for nearly 2 hours and what have I done?? Had my lunch; supervised the kittens playing outside; and - TURNED THE DARNED COMPUTER ON!!! :O Now I keep getting drawn back to screen 'just to see what's going on' LOL Have I done any housework?? well I put a load in the washing machine, does that count? Oh well there's always tomorrow ;p

Emma

Emma Report 12 Nov 2004 14:05

I am having the same problem, all week ive been intending to get things done, ironing,sort out kids rooms, clean the kitchen floor ect ect...the list goes on! I have an internet addiction i think!!!! Stuff it, the house work can wait, Dont feel bad. I dont!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 12 Nov 2004 14:11

LOL trouble is my housework has been waiting and waiting and waiting.......... First it was the research to blame - then I got on this board and research took a back seat - then 6 weeks ago I got the kittens! Have to give them plenty of time cos they grow up too quickly - just told my fella on the phone, he reckons I only came home to play with them - as if! :O ;p

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Nov 2004 14:13

Hi Anne yer the washing counts, put your feet up and play, we won't tell a sole , i haven't done anything for 2 days and after last night i'm to knackered to be bothered lol sandra

Emma

Emma Report 12 Nov 2004 14:15

As if you would do that? Men just dont understand. I love kittens, we used to have kittens that would climb the curtains, they were mad!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 12 Nov 2004 14:27

Oh goodness - I'm getting no where!! Put the kittens outside, but have to keep checking on them from the window - and then everytime I try to go to the kitchen the PC keeps saying 'coo-ee', cos it is right next to the kitchen doorway - this just wont do!! Good job I resisted putting the telly on...............

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 12 Nov 2004 16:34

Thank goodness you have a sense of proportion about what is important Anne. I did laugh.Someone after my own heart Hugs Rose

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 12 Nov 2004 16:37

Hah!! Rose - I cracked it!! Decided to test run Mum's xmas pressie - put some lively Tom Jones on the stereo and I was away - woohoo!! Just having a break now for a cuppa and a fag, and some painkillers for my back LOL....

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 12 Nov 2004 17:21

Anne, What's that phrase about good intentions??? I know exactly what you mean, I have just walked in after a fairly brain- hurting study day at work. What's the first thing I do? Rush to the boards to see what's going on, I'm thinking about bringing the kitchen timer up here, as I always say " I'll only go on for half an hour".... two hours later!!! Sue

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 12 Nov 2004 17:27

Sylvia - that's exactly what I'm like. Computer goes on as soon as I walk in the door :)) Thing is the housework will still be there tomorrow, but everything moves so fast on these boards you cant take your eye off them for 5 minutes LOL Anne