General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOING ANYTHING EXCITING THIS WEEKEND?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Nov 2004 17:23

I hope someone is, 'cos I've no plans for anything yet. Jo.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 12 Nov 2004 17:24

my very borning plans this weekend - are working q very boring night shift sat/sun/mon :-(

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Nov 2004 17:27

what do you do Liz?

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 12 Nov 2004 17:28

Going up to Anfield to watch Crystal Palace beat Liverpool

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Nov 2004 17:28

the wakefield meet up on saturday, appearing in a sunday paper then monday a live radio interview

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 12 Nov 2004 17:30

on day shift its reception work - on night shift its that plus odds and ends Liz

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Nov 2004 17:32

tell us more Shelia, please, Jo.

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Nov 2004 17:34

Hi Jo thankyou for your reply to my thread, so as you can see, i'm going to be busy inputting data have a good weekend sandra

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 12 Nov 2004 17:35

Going to Wakey meet up. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Sheila, Are you going to tell us where meeting a celebrity on Saturday.LOL Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Nov 2004 17:36

well - on Monday last week there was an article about Genes Reunited in the Glasgow Herald - and I was featured. The Sunday Herald contacted me regarding a feature about Scottish genealogy to be printed this weekend, including photos - they sent a photographer out to my house here in Yorkshire on Tuesday. Today there have been articles and photos in the Scotsman and the Scottish Daily Express. I was contacted by BBC Radio Scotland who want to do a live interview on Monday morning on the fact that history is being dropped as a subject in schools. but REALLY looking forward to the wakey get together tomorrow - meet up with some old friends

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Nov 2004 17:40

Shelia, We have a celebrity on these boards at last!!! Well done. Jo.

Sand

Sand Report 12 Nov 2004 20:28

Hi Jo, How's things? I'm going to the zoo tomorrow!! I'm so excited cos it's just me and my sister going. We spend so much time keeping an eye on my Dad that we never get time to spend together, just us two! Whipsande Wild Animal Park has two GORGEOUS new baby elephants. I'm a friend of the zoo so go all the time with the kids. Tomorrw will be my first 'grown up' trip and I can't wait! I can take lots of photos without having a pram to push or nappies to change!

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Nov 2004 20:48

Whatever you are doing, have a great weekend!! Sally I did'nt know there were two new ellies at the zoo, might pop up there tomorrow my self. Jo.

Sand

Sand Report 12 Nov 2004 21:02

Hi Jo, Kaylee had a little girl, Anneena, about 6 months ago--gorgeous! And Azizah had a baby boy on Sept 25th. He is the cutest tiniest little choochy-coochy little thing (sorry, got carried away for a minute!). They usually take them for a walk outside (in the woods next to the elephant house car park) around 2 pm ish. I had a long chat with one of the keepers on Wednesday. he's a proud Dad twice over cos his wife gave birth two weeks after Azizah did. How close are you to Whipsnade? Maybe we could meet up there for coffee sometime. My sister's had a bad week so i won't suggest tomorrow, but maybe some other time?

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 12 Nov 2004 21:09

im going wakefield tomorrow to cant wait................ :-)

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 12 Nov 2004 21:21

I'm going to Wakefield as well tomrrow and on Sunday I'm going to Manchester airport to meet my son & his family who have been on holiday in OZ Bren

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Nov 2004 22:55

My daughter and partner are coming tomorrow and we hope at some time to go to Rhayader in mid Wales to see the Red Kites feeding.Its a farm with hides and they leave loads of meat out for them and the public sit in the hides and watch in ore, we will anyway,me mouth wide open and camera at the ready. Also at some stage we are going to Hay-On-Wye (think thats spelt correctly) to see the view somewhere!!! Have a nice weekend each:o) Jude sarf wales