General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHEEKY BEGGERS!!!!!! - UPDATED 6TH DEC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Nov 2004 17:42

Just got this today from one of my mail order catalogues:- "IMPORTANT - FINAL REMINDER, 10 MONTHS SINCE WE LAST HEARD FROM YOU - REVIEWING CUSTOMER FILES, NOTICE YOU HAVE STILL NOT PLACED AN ORDER" And it would seem I may not be allocated a copy of the Summer Book because of this, EVEN THOUGH I am currently paying off the £250 I owe for a mobile phone ordered in January. I am sending their letter back with a note stating that I do not have unlimited resources for mail order shopping, and if they consider £250 to be insufficient activity on my account - then dont bother sending the new book, I'll go elsewhere!! Where do they get off being so darned greedy?? Sorry - rant over now, cheers :))

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Nov 2004 17:48

Bendy - well I wont be!! Their loss will be L*****woods gain lol..............

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Nov 2004 17:49

Yes, we had this once Anne, and they even said if we didn't want to place an order, could we please send the catalogue back, as they are expensive to print!..

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Nov 2004 17:51

My mum had a similar thing happen with her catalogue - she has been a customer with them since I was a little girl (I'm now her 41 yr old little girl) - they didnt send her a new book and when she rang got a similar response! That's what you get for years of loyal custom huh??

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Nov 2004 20:04

they did that with me.until i told them to stick there catologue and i sent it backxxxxxxx(:

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Nov 2004 23:48

Make sure you dont lose your commission if you have any. I done that with Grattan a few years ago had about £40, but didnt order for a while and lost it. I have Choice now and have about £50 so I think I had better spend it just in case, cause I havnt ordered for a while.

Karen

Karen Report 14 Nov 2004 10:38

I fell out with one of my catalogue suppliers the other week - Choice, I have been a customer of theirs for years. Recently I have returned quite a few of the items I ordered through the post office, the other week I went to the post office to return another parcel only to be told that I would have to pay for it to be returned. Phoned Choice and they informed me they had been doing this for awhile and that they were informing people of their new returns policy when people phone to place orders, I was never informed. I requested that they collected my parcel from my workplace and that was a nightmare in itself. Then yesterday I received my statement with a note on it saying "We are currently reviewing our returns policy and have noticed that you are returning the majority of your recent orders. Please help us get it right first time by checking your requirements before placing any future orders". When my account with them is clear they can stuff their account. Karen

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Dec 2004 18:27

HA HA - just got home this evening and my new catalogue was on the doorstep - I sent them a stroppy note asking was my £200+ purchase insufficient in their eyes - I guess they thought not LOL!!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 7 Dec 2004 06:32

Joan - that's appalling! can you imagine if we all used that attitude towards our work?? I would write a very disgruntled letter to the Head of Customer Services, and tell them if it doesn't get sorted you'll take your business elsewhere, as they are offering you no service at all!! You don't have to mean it (what will they know after all?) but if you are a longstanding customer, it may spur them into action. Anne

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 7 Dec 2004 08:45

Some really annoying gripes on here,but one or two are caused by inadequate systems not people.So often these days we deal with machines .Regarding the nudge for more business,when you hadn't ordered after a period of weeks.This was generated by the computer.It has been programmed to respond to no activity in an account after a set period.It then spits out a reminder letter.There is no human involvement here. Point 2.The most unco-operative courier. I have complained about couriers who will only collect when they have a number of returns to be collected in my area to be told that the Catalogue firm have no control over couriers as they are employed by a delivery company independent of the catalogue firm.Find out which firm has the contract from your catalogue and COMPLAIN TO THEM DIRECT.They will not be pleased that this person is not doing the job properly.In the long term it will damage their reputation.If she is making up her own rules about where she is prepared to deliver,then what else has she decided not to do.eg.Dogs on properties etc. Good Luck Rose