General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Letter to a son

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Nov 2004 19:16

see below - this was bought at the Wakefield FH Fair and I think its really lovely - especially for those of us with sons so far away she xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Nov 2004 19:17

Dear Son Day by day, year by year I’ve watched you grow, grabbing hold of life with grace and determination, making it your own, moulding your dreams into reality. I’ve watched you fill to the brim with happiness and pride with each new accomplishment. I’ve seen your heart broken and felt your pain as the tears filled your eyes. I know the sadness that consumes you when those who are supposed to care belittle your ambition, trying to take control of your destiny. I’ve seen traces of doubt begin to invade, tearing at your self confidence, and I begin to worry that maybe this time you won’t heal, but after allowing yourself to feel the pain, to cry the tears, you DO heal. Stronger and more determined, you tighten your grip on life, leaving the negative behind. I gladly share all this with you , my son, you are a survivor and you fill me with pride. Keep reaching for the stars and ultimately – they WILL be your All my love

Felicity

Felicity Report 13 Nov 2004 19:19

I need this for a son close to home. How did you know? :-) Thank you.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Nov 2004 19:30

at the moment I miss my son so much its a physical pain - I felt I never had a chance to say goodbye to him properly when he left - but godwilling they are all coming over to visit next summer and I will finally get to hold my precious girl and breathe in her innocence .

Fairy

Fairy Report 13 Nov 2004 21:57

Thank you for this wonderful poem, She. My youngest son, since the age of 17 has suffered greatly with an illness. He spent most of his life living on a huge amount of steroids just to keep the pain away. He would never give in to it and tried to lead a 'normal' life which was very difficult. Two years ago he had a life saving operation which has'nt left him exactly normal, but he is'nt in pain and he is'nt on steroids anymore. He now leads a normal life and is a lovely guy. It's his birthday next week and he will be 32. I'd like to give this poem to him for all his bravery when the odds where stacked against him. Jo.

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 13 Nov 2004 22:11

She - I was touched today when you were speaking to me about your son and beautiful grand-daughter. The love you have for them is overwhelming and I could see how it pains you that they are so far away from you. They are so blessed to have you as a mother/grandmother. I truly hope they visit next summer so you can hold them both. I know how much it means to you. Joanne