General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOES ANYONE REALLY LIKLE XMAS!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 14 Nov 2004 15:39

When they start putting out the Xmas cards in the summer before you have been on holiday it's taking the biscuit!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Nov 2004 15:42

I don't like the fact that it has got earlier and earlier. But I do love Christmas, always have as did my parents before me. love the decorations, sending and receiving cards, buying presents, opening presents, Christmas food. i guess I am still a big kid at heart!! Ann Glos

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Nov 2004 15:55

I agree. I hate the commercial aspect of Christmas. I do love Christmas with the family. I enjoy the Carols and the Crisp cold nights leading up to Christmas. In Christmas carol people run around on christmas eve buying their trees, pressies and goose. Now we buy a Turkey weeks in advance and can buy cards in September. January 1st and the Easter eggs are on the shelves.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 14 Nov 2004 16:12

Yes I admit it I love Xmas. Don't you love watching A Xmas Carol whether animated or otherwise and Jimmy Stewart sadly no longer with us in It's a wonderful life!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Nov 2004 17:22

I was very tempted on Thursday, I spotted the video of White Christmas - but i didn't succumbe. I do love that film. Ann Glos

Joy

Joy Report 14 Nov 2004 17:34

Yes, I do like Christmas. :-) Joy

Craig

Craig Report 14 Nov 2004 18:20

I think that cards and decorations being in the shops earlier, is indicative of modern life. No-one has time for things anymore and so we're mostly grateful that we can start earlier, and not be in so much of a panic. We're all far too busy to be able to shop every weekend in the run up to christmas.

Fairy

Fairy Report 14 Nov 2004 18:42

I love Christmas, but we went to Homebase for some paint today and the carols and songs for Christmas were playing and I found it annoying as I AM NOT in the Christmas mood yet, it's too soon. Jo.

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Nov 2004 19:00

like christmas when it gets to the last four weeks.christmas carols,parties and family.that is what it's all about and peace and goodwill to all menxxxxxxx(:

*  Bridget *

* Bridget * Report 14 Nov 2004 19:08

I love christmas - being with my family but hate afterwards

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 14 Nov 2004 20:37

I LOVE Christmas, always have and hopefully always will! It's getting really fun now in our house as my oldest son is 3 so understands more about it. I assume it will get even better over the next few years as both my boys understand the concept! I'm a big kid at heart myself too. Joanne