General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thinking of buying Shares

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 13:16

Not sure how it all works, but i want to do it! anyone know how it all works and stuff? -x-x-x-x-

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Nov 2004 14:27

steedie i am just going in with my husband into a sharesaver scheme .it works out we put 25 pounds each for three years and then have the option of taking them out after making money on them or carrying on for another three years.changing them into shares.all depends on how much come back there is.there is a risk though if your shares go down after three years then you lose moneyxxxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 14:28

That sounds interesting! i was thinking bout puttin £100 into something then just leaving it! Phoning my uncle later to see what he says about it, cos ma says hes knows about it all! xx

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Nov 2004 14:28

LL,,,is this £25 each per year?

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Nov 2004 14:29

sorry claire 25pounds a month each which works out fifty pounds a monthxxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Nov 2004 14:31

steph i don't know if you have to go into a sharesave scheme for three years before you can buy the shares.worth asking your employersxxxxx(:

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Nov 2004 14:31

How did you find out about it LL? Is it on the net?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 14:35

yeh but im trying to get rid of dave, so we cant enter a three yr thing together! lol...only messing! xx

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 16 Nov 2004 14:36

I saw an investment Mag on the shelves today.Peronally I would not do it unless you have plenty of money to lose at the worst.I got all swept up in this PEP AND pENSION sCHEMES ETC ETC.aLL PUSHED AT US YEARS AGO AND The PEP HAS DONE NO WHERE NEAR AS WELL AS EXPECTED. The Midland Bank Pension was pretty close to a scam--That is my opinion.Sorry Midland,but you ripped me off. Remember pet that most so called Independent Financial Advisers have only their own interests at heart.Always ask yourself "What is in it for them" Mine took the first years payments as his commission! A pretty disillusioned Rose

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Nov 2004 14:38

what about the shares.my husbands a project manager on terminal five he has been doing it over fifteen yearsxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Nov 2004 14:39

rosemary i agree it has got risks and the more money you put in the betterxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 14:42

i didnt know your a hubby is a Project Manager! Thats what my company does! xx

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Nov 2004 14:44

at heathrow steph.which company do you work for?xxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 14:50

we are working on projects at Heathrow! will email you the company! x

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 15:59

I think the obvious answer is... if you don't know what you're doing then don't do it. Investing money in shares is quite high risk. You'd be better off with an ISA surely ?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 16:00

I got an mini ISA, im phoning me uncle tonite. I dont wanna buy shares in my company, but i heard my nan talking bout shares that her cousin bought and now hes got thousands from it, thought its worth a shot xx

Bob

Bob Report 16 Nov 2004 18:25

This web site gives excellent advice and is free. No adware or other nasties either. On advice from here I bought a tracker isa from alliance and leicester which is doing ok. They have very good advice about loans, credit cards etc. http://www.fool.*co.uk/ Bob