General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For all new people.... Cancer research & I need y

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 16 Nov 2004 16:18

Cheeky Mare that I am!! Yes I am walking The Great Wall in China so Please look at the link shown and you too can sponsor me and help Cancer Research UK in the process.... www.justgiving(.)com/dianainchina YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO THE BMYCHARITY site shown in the text as CR UK have requested I change the site!! Please remember that every penny counts.... so those of you that think your amount would be too measley and therefore you are not donating, please don't think that way, I really am grateful for every penny.... and for every £1 you give as a UK tax payer, the government give an extra 28p free of charge to you.... so please, please donate as little as you wish I will not and do not judge amounts given!! :O)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 16 Nov 2004 16:20

https://www.bmycharity(.)com/V2/dianainchina is the replacement site if anyone wants to go straight there.... :O) Hope no-one is offended by my begging again!! But Gaynor does want £10,000 now!! :O)

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 16:37

Have just emailed the link to everyone!! xx

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 17 Nov 2004 09:24

Hi Diana, I'm gonna email the link to everyone at work. Hope it helps you get a bit nearer to that total. Jack xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 17 Nov 2004 09:56

Thanks everyone.... the training has slowed up since having the teeth out.... and yes i know they weren't in my feet but the pain is awful!! But I have found a training partner who is doing the same trip so it should be easier working with people on a common aim!! :O)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 17 Nov 2004 11:33

she's a beggar!! but she makes me giggle!! I think we can do £7k but £10k will be hard work.... but then every penny counts.... so those of you that think your amount would be to measley and therefore you are not donating, please don't I really am grateful for every penny.... and for every £1 you give as a UK tax payer the government give an extra 28p free of charge to you.... so please, please donate as little as you wish I will not and do not judge amounts given!! :O)

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 17 Nov 2004 11:58

Hiya Hun! I forwarded the link to everyone yesterday, but my fella has just emailed saying him and others have clicked on the link to sponsor ya but its not coming up....any reasons why??? xxxxxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 17 Nov 2004 12:22

No idea chick.... I just tried and it went through straight away!! maybe just too many people trying at once? i doubt it but could you just ask if they could try again?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 17 Nov 2004 12:29

Yeah i emailed him back. He said that he has managed to get through but wont cos he dont wanna hand his details over...i wont repeat what i said to him, but he is doing it right now! lol xxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 17 Nov 2004 12:30

thanks chick..... appreciate your help!!