General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do they get away with it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 16 Nov 2004 23:05

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 23:06

who, what, where, when ?

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 16 Nov 2004 23:11

That new western programme Deadwood is on Sky One at the moment. I can't believe the language, it is really pushing it to the limits. What is probably a good programme is just littered with swearing and not just the f word either. Hubby just flicked to Channel Four and Teachers is on, that's not much better. Why do they have to swear so much. Now I know where all those school kids with mouths like sewers get it from.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 23:14

schoolkids shouldnt really be watching tv at 11pm should they - its well after the watershed, so strictly speaking swearing is permitted

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 16 Nov 2004 23:15

Its probably quite a true representation of what it was like then. I can imagine times were pretty hard and the people were too.

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 23:16

I haven't seen the programme in question, but I'm told it's quite "gritty"