General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Refreshing Notices HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 09:55

cAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO REPOST MESSAGES ON TRYING TO FIND WITHOUT HAVING TO TYPE IT ALL AGAIN Rose

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 10:01

Thanks dONNA i'LL TRY rOSE (GONE DYSLEXIC AGAIN BY THE LOOK OF IT SORRRY)

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 10:03

nO,i DON'T THINK YOU CAN NUDGE THAT BOARD-I did try Thanks

Mags

Mags Report 17 Nov 2004 10:11

Hi Rose, Try highlighting the message bit - go to 'edit' copy (or cut) and then open another thread and 'paste' it on. Magsx

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 10:13

Sounds too complicated Mags,I'm not that pooter literate but thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 10:14

Rosemary, are you trying to change an entry, or just nudge it up to the top ?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 17 Nov 2004 10:15

Mags, Methinks you are right, it will have tobe Copy 'n paste, as a new message, then if you wish, delete the old?

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 10:16

I've just tried to update one of mine and worked fine. You go to Trying to Find board... type in the surname in question in the search box. Scroll down to find yous. Then there's an option to "update message". Edit the text, then press the "update" button. worked fine.

Mags

Mags Report 17 Nov 2004 10:23

Rose - if I can do it - anyone can!! It's not complicated and it always surprises me when it actually works! lol Highlight the bit you want to copy Click on Edit - top left hand side of screen Click on 'copy' Return to front page of Trying to find Board (at this point you think you will lose the 'copy' instruction but you don't - honest! lol) Click on 'if you want to add a message click here' click in message box Go to Edit again Click on 'paste' and Roberta's your Auntie! You can do whatever you like to the message then if you want (in the normal way) 'Add Message' and it will show on the front page. Magsxx

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 14:05

Thanks Paul,Mags.Willtry both lots of instructions.Paul I think my messages were on the board too long ago now.They only come up on my messages. Mags,Many thanks,you did just what I sked for.I really did need step by step instructions. Hugs Both Rose

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 14:13

Sorry Mags I really can't get it from my own Swaffield page on to the message bord.It returns me to the name list and the whole complicated selection.I can't cope.My head is in a muddle Now. I TOLD YOU I WAS A MEGA DIV Iwill type it out again,Rose

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 17 Nov 2004 14:18

DONE IT DONE IT DONE IT*********wOOPEEEEE hAPPY rOSE IS NOT A DIV

Mags

Mags Report 17 Nov 2004 14:28

Well done Rose!! Have a nice cuppa to celebrate lol Magsxx (got so excited there that 'Maudie' posted lol)