General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

changing names........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Nov 2004 16:01

me and my daughter were having a discussion about names .she said she hates her name lauren even though it took me a long time to think of it.do you like your name and would you change it if you could .what is your favourite name?xxxxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 16:08

Lauren's a lovely name, it was one on our shortlist when Sharon was pregnant. I don't really like my name - too boring, can't shorten it etc.

*  Bridget *

* Bridget * Report 17 Nov 2004 16:08

I dont like my name never have. would like to be beth, I think Bridget sounds harsh.

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Nov 2004 16:10

paul she looks like a lauren as well.lovely blue eyes skin like porceline.and she is a very polite and lovely girlxxxxx(:

Lindy

Lindy Report 17 Nov 2004 16:13

I have always hated my name and the joke is I have always been called Lindy. My sister changed her name legally when she turned twenty one. I could not do that as I think it would have hurt my parents. Lindy;-)

Jane

Jane Report 17 Nov 2004 16:19

I thought everyone hated their own name! Mine's too plain but that was why Mum chose it - so it couldn't be shortened. My sister was Suan but always Sue and my brother's Alan but always Al. I am just plain Jane! Jane

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Nov 2004 16:22

i do actually like my name.and my second name which just happens to be yours janexxxx(:

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 17 Nov 2004 16:27

I like mine but hated it at school as everyone called me DIANE!!

Sprack

Sprack Report 17 Nov 2004 16:33

my grandaughter is called lauren and she is 4 today, I think its a lovely name but she is a litle madam, I used to hate my name but now I quite like it. jenny x

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 17 Nov 2004 16:38

My name is Ok i suppose, couldnt imagine being anything different, although i got lots of them, stephanie, stephie, steph, steedie, pebbles, steps......!! xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Nov 2004 16:39

the girl we all know and lovexxx(:

Andy

Andy Report 17 Nov 2004 16:54

Andrew (parents), Cookie (ex schoolfriend), Sumo (ex workmate), Andy (everyone else and the one I'm happiest with!)

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 17 Nov 2004 17:02

was that to me lisa?? hee hee!! i got plenty more that dave likes to call me but they aint very nice lol! xxxxxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Nov 2004 17:04

course steddie your well loved and liked by all of usxxxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 17 Nov 2004 17:06

Thanks lisa....you always make me smile! xxxx

Joy

Joy Report 17 Nov 2004 21:25

I like my name, and my second favourite is my Mum's name: Dorine; and my third favourite is Frances. :-) Joy

Joy

Joy Report 17 Nov 2004 21:28

No, Paul can't be shortened but you could say Paolo instead which, with an Italian accent, can sound rather sexy!!! :-) Joy

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 17 Nov 2004 22:01

I've never really liked my name, especially when people mistakenly called me Gladys (sorry any Gladys' out there). I'd love to have been a Beth, or Bethany. If either of my miscarried babes had survived and been a girl, I would have named her Bethany. Glenys x

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 17 Nov 2004 22:46

I like my name. have never wanted to be called any other. Thank you mum and dad! Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Nov 2004 23:48

Yes, I've been called Paulo before, and Pablo. I think there's definitely something to manes that you can contract tho, as Steph says, she has a few choices - that was reflected in my/our choice of my sons name Benjamin...