General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

our mums thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helenbell

helenbell Report 18 Nov 2004 08:54

shall we have a thread where we say all the things about our mums perhaps the things you cant say but can write down, my mums gone now but i know there are things i wished i had said Helen

helenbell

helenbell Report 18 Nov 2004 08:56

my mum had a smile that could make all the hurt better she had a kiss that wiped away tears she had arms that enfolded me and a love that drove away fears

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 18 Nov 2004 08:59

I adore my mum, i dont think i could ever be without her. She had to go away for a year a while back, and it was the worst thing i have ever been through was having to live without her there. She is my best mate and too be honest, with things that have gone on in the past, i dont think i would be here today if it wasnt for her. I can talk to her about anything and she understands. She knows me more than anyone, she knows when i feel down and she knows just what to do to lift me back up again. I know that no matter what happens she will always be there for me. Steph xxx

Ann

Ann Report 18 Nov 2004 09:02

I try to show my mum as often as possible how much she means to me, I often buy her things if I spot something I know she will like, and as she is not good with admin stuff I write letters on her behalf and make official phone calls for her. We talk on the phone everyday and I see her 3 times a week. I know one day the inevitable will happen, but I am welling up just thinking about the awful time when she is not here anymore, I honestly don,t know how I will cope!

Joy

Joy Report 18 Nov 2004 09:14

My Mum is the best Mum in the world. She is my best friend. I miss her so much, and wish she were still here. Joy

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Nov 2004 09:50

I say to everyone look after your mum while you have her because when you can no longer see them,give them loves and hugs,buy them things it is very painfull and upsetting, my mum was the world to me and i miss her dreadfully Margaret

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 18 Nov 2004 15:39

I love my Mum to bits and can see a lot of myself in her, but sometimes she drives me mad! Am dreading the time when she is no longer there though. Maggy

Bev

Bev Report 18 Nov 2004 16:53

i would take over the whole thread if i even started about my mum lets just say she is the bset Bev

helenbell

helenbell Report 18 Nov 2004 16:57

i lost my dad 26 years ago and my mum was the main stay of my family, still cant bear life without her, my heart was broken, i was with her untill the day before she died i stayed day and night then when i wasnt there she died, i can never forgive myself for not staying one more night

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 18 Nov 2004 16:59

your mam is the best friend you will ever have boy do i miss mine even after 21 yrs she was a barrel of laughs

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 21 Nov 2004 00:21

Helen Bell...My daughters a nurse and see's many old folk die. She has lost count of the number of people that die just after thier relatives have left! They reckon that your loved one waits cos they dont want to dissress you. THEY LOVE YOU. All the other nurses have seen the same. My own Mum died 10 mins after I left, after sitting with her all day. Geraldine x