General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More writing to be done

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 18 Nov 2004 18:32

After sending the newspaper article to the YFT mag, they have asked me if I would like to write a case study for them. Problem is I'll have to do this all by myself, as I can't ask you all any questions about my family. What I will ask though, has anyone done a similar thing? Did you choose a specific event or write more generally? Thanks.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Nov 2004 18:34

yes

Daniel

Daniel Report 18 Nov 2004 18:36

Which one? :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Nov 2004 18:36

both ask them for more specific guidelines - that way you can give it your all

Daniel

Daniel Report 18 Nov 2004 19:02

Sheila, have you got your article typed up? I haven't seen it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Nov 2004 19:04

for the genealogy - its a work in progress but have done book reviews for various magazines in the past etc and some freelance stuff

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Nov 2004 18:31

Just been told it is a proper comissioned job which I'll be quite nicley paid for. Look out for the story of my wigmaker ancestor and his dung heap in a few months. Must get to writing it now. (Which is the hard part!)

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Nov 2004 18:40

Thanks Zoe. The editor has sent me a detailed description of how to write it, so shouldn't be any problems with that. Got a deadline in 3 weeks time.

Joy

Joy Report 19 Nov 2004 21:29

Is the article that I wrote for the SFHS, that I sent to you, any help? :-) Joy

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Nov 2004 21:52

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Thanks.

Howie

Howie Report 19 Nov 2004 23:23

daniel on the bbc site they asked for stories of people's experiences in ww2 you may get some idea's off that good luck howard

Daniel

Daniel Report 19 Nov 2004 23:33

Thanks for that. I'll have a look.